Goodwood festival

hilux

Anyone going to the `Festival of speed` on the saturday??

Most of the F1 teams are booked as are a number of the le mans cars

Porsche 917 is there too

:p  :p  :p

11th 12th 13th July  :p  :p

Sunday 13th dont even bother going if you aint got a ticket

See here for a taster of who`s there and what cars are running

2003 Le mans cars will be there as will most of the current FI teams

If you like sprints then this is for you.........

Great day out and you get to walk around the pits among the cars and drivers  :p  :p  :p  :cool:  :cool:

Hilux,

That is some line up, cheers for pointing this one out, will try and get some of the Northants crowd to attend.

Rich.

Top tip from last year was to go on the Friday. Cheaper (IIRC), plus U get grandstand access for nowt. Less driving tho - only 1/2 day, but much less crowded - if you can get time off.

Friday's supposed to be the day when the GP bods wander around. All I spotted was David Richards  ???   but it was well worth it for the 6 wheel Tyrrell giving it the berries round the first hairpin.

Excellent day out - if you haven't been, you're missing out!

:cool:

Yep, definitely going on the Saturday - in Westie weather permitting.

Leaving dead early though - meeting up on M40 at around 6:30AM with some MG types (the words Hare, Tortoise and Sleep spring to mind).

See you all there.

PS - Never been to the Goodwood Festical before - is it good for crumpet? or any other toasted snack for that matter.

I`ve just been told that I might not be in the Westy cos wifey now wants to go  :0  and would like to combine with a weekend break and as theres more of us that can fit in Westy...........................

still...either way I`ll try and see you there (will pm mobile no)

Either Saturday or Friday, just trying to make my mind up. A few others from the TV area are going I think.  hope to sort it out by tomorrow. weather permitting in the Westie.    Mind you if the weather is that bad prob won't go anyhow ???

Dave

A few others from the TV area are going I think.

Oooooooooeeer missus  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

What area is that then  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Cross dressers `r` us  :D  :D  :D  :0  :0

just pick up this response hilux.. Thames Valley stupid. .  mind you we could all turn up in nice frilly frocks and big hats if you really like. certainly get noticed.  anyhow still not sorted it out, but saturday is looking good..

now do I wear the  frock or the mini and high heals ???  ???  ah can't drive innthe heals.. :( the frock it is then ;)

Was planning a trip on the Saturday, leaving first thing.