Your Favourite Singer

Norman Verona

So, who's the voice that makes you melt. The one that you just can't get enough of.

I'm seriously in love with Joni Mitchel. But it's the whole package, word, music and voice.

Streisland's early stuff (Funny Girl) is great, such technical perfection.

Sinatra during the Nelson Riddle years is fantastic.

But the voice that really makes me melt is.... Ella. Never heard a voice like it. She could have sung the phone book and I'd melt.

Norm

Get back in the closet you are showing your age

All of the above and would add for sheer soul wrenching raw singing, Janice Joplin....

Barenaked Ladies

Showing my age! I work with people not even born when they were big.

• Like 1

Good grief, I still think of them as a newer band :suspect::oops::down:

Kelly Jones (Stereophonics) has a great voice - especially when you hear him live with acoustic guitars/big band

But I like so many others as well :d

Nat King Cole has one of the purest voices ever. I also really like Diana Krall.

But from a perspective of letting her natural voice come through, Kate Rusby is magic. I love the way she doesn't try and hide her accent.

Nat King Cole, Paul Carrack, Anita Baker, Julia Fordham, Michael McDonald, Rumer .......but to name a small few

Geraldine McQueen :love:

Theres far too many, but Normans list plus Otis redding, Sam Cooke (used to be a member on here) Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklyn, can you see a trend growing here? :d