Anyone going to Keevil on Monday?

wackydo

Hiya,

Anyone elso going?

It's near Trowbridge in Wiltshire if you've never heard of it.  A largeish airfieldy place.  

Tony

I didnt want to chance the noise test!

But I know Simon is going with his Megabusa and Gary is going with his XE.

So you wont be alone!

The forecast wasn't too good, so I decided not to go after attending Hullavington 3 weeks ago in the pouring rain!

I didn't drive at all in the morning as it was wet and nasty, but in the pm it was dry and sunny and we had an absolute ball.

This lastest track design is absolutely cracking, a huge long corner at one end where you can get some fantastic 4-wheel drifts, and a tighter corner at the other end where you can get the back end out.

It was worth it just for the afternoon driving.

Gary was there doing well in the XE, I did see the megabusa but didn't know the driver, and was too busy to chat to many other people sadly.

This is one of the best airfield days I have driven at in terms of the circuit.  The suface is a bit bumpy in places but is mostly OK.

cheers

Tony

Cool, its only 30mins up the road for me.

But a bit strict on noise testing I suspect?

Heard Mr Blondie got sent home in his yeller busa.

Mr Blondie wasn't the only Busa to get sent home.  And mine did have the nice large Techcraft exhaust too!

The Techcraft exhaust makes a massive difference compared with the standard Westfield silencer, but this has now shifted the noise problem elsewhere - we now need to cut some of the induction noise to give us any chance of getting under 100 dB.  Any ideas will be gratefully received.  

The circuit was superb though, and I did at least get a drive in another Busa (cheers Steve!;) so it wasn't a complete waste of time.