Donington Pics Here

Bananaman

I thought we were'nt going to say anything  ;)

I thought we were'nt going to say anything  

Never said a thing. :D  :D  :D

Have you had a look at the site, there's a whole series of photos of this incident. :devil:

Andy :zzz:

Well I take it you're OK Sam, which is the main thing....#

and the Westy's also Ok.....

so its just the German metal then......

???  ???

I'm fine, thanks for the concern, only a bruised ego.

I'm glad it wasn't the westy too, prolly would have hurt a lot more.

b*****k*. Rumbled.   :blush:

Sorry Sam :)

Great pic's though, are you going to buy them?

Andy

Go on then...describe the incident in your own words...

"Messed up, Crashed............ :arse: " :D  :D  :D  :p

Well there I was heading under the bridge down to the chicane as I exited the chicane there were bits of blue Porker all over the track............................................................

over to you Sam

Here goes:

Happened about 3.10pm, I'd been getting quicker all day and pushing harder. This particular lap I managed to bolt through craners foot to the floor all the way in fifth, lobbed it into the next corner and drifted gently out on to the kerbs carrying through more speed than I’d ever done and I was started to think ‘Christ, I can push much harder than I thought’. Flat through the next double apex - more confidence.

Lobbed it into the chicane and it just gripped and went, flicked it back the other way and the nose started to push really wide. Usually, as the car is quite heavy and low powered,you bury the throttle and it tucks back in gently, this time I buried the throttle and the front immediately ‘bit’ somehow, sending the back end round.

Quickly realised there was no saving this one and locked up which scrubbed off most of the speed as I turned a full 360 smacked into the wall, went another 360 and came gently to a rest in a cloud of tyre smoke and steam.

Or, more concisely - Messed up, Crashed............