Se7ens List

bofus

Quote from Steve Blair....>

From "Steve Blair"

I spoke with a number of folks on the LtL 2003 and am organizing the event, as I'm from there, and can take it on to help. I've had one other volunteer, and am working on costs just now. I know that others have tried to do this in the recent past, but I'm quite serious, as were a number of LtL'ers that they want to do it.

There's a LOT to do, as we all know. I've got a lot of logistical stuff coming from the US that will make this easier to do.

Challenges come in things like getting cars there, where to go for how long, etc. All costs are centering around a MAX of 30 cars from Europe going. 4 equal payments to allow you to budget your costs, and we'd go as a group on an airplane to control costs too.

Note that it will be 2-3 weeks in length, and will be arranged so that (a) you can have your family meet you along the way, and (b) you get to see and drive some spectacular roads. As I'm from Texas, I've spent a fair old bit of time touring the US, even though I live here now, my thoughts and costs structure work out that this will be in the region of # 2,000 -> 3,000 inclusive, per car. You would be responsible for getting your car to the UK on your own.

Cars would be on a ship for 2 weeks to their drop off point, in *containers* and 3-4 to return in a similar fashion. You would be required to have a radar detector, and the car insurance would be included in the price.

Several potential sponsors have already indicated that they would be willing to [potentially] underwrite part of the costs, for stickers to be attached to all cars going 1 month beforehand in UK/Europe for free PR. Folks in the US could join us, and not have transportation costs and airfare, which we would allocate 10 spots for them. That would make the total something like 40 cars, which would scare the bejesus out of the locals in any place we visit.....

Choices to be decided

Trip 1: cars ship via container to Houston Texas. Delivered to Austin Texas. Trip would go from Austin Texas to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado to Wyoming to Idaho, and down the Sierra Nevada range to San Francisco. 3 weeks total. Spring Break 2005

Trip 2: cars ship via container to Houston Texas. Delivered to Austin Texas. Trip would go from Austin Texas to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado to Wyoming to Idaho, and down the Sierra Nevada range to San Francisco. 3 weeks total. Fall Break 2005

Trip 3: cars ship via container to New York. Delivered to New Jersey. Trip would go from New Jersey, down the Applichain trail, across the deep south to Houston Texas. Spring Break 2005. 2 weeks total.

Trip 4: cars ship via container to New York. Delivered to New Jersey. Trip would go from New Jersey, down the Applichain trail, across the deep south to Houston Texas. Fall Break 2005. 2 weeks total.

I don't have access to all the other car lists, and BBS's so please distribute as needed...

steve

I've put my name down, one of the current options is a track day possibly at Laguna Seca :-)

Gav