CCC action day

adhawkins

Hi,

Considering popping across to Coombe for the action day this weekend. Anyone else going?

Any opinions on the standard of driving for people who have been before? Would I be taking my life into my own hands venturing out on track?

What sort of noise limits, clothing requirements etc. are imposed?

Thanks.

Andy

Go and watch.  Don't bother driving.  Too many horror stories from the last one (and the one before that, and the one before that.....).

If its a "maxpower" type track day - do as Nick advises - just go and watch the loons fall off  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :blush:

Don't get involved  ;)  :D  :D

I was leaning that way to be honest. Went there with a mate a couple of years back and the driving left a lot to be desired...

Will maybe wait until the August one (which is aimed at classics apparently).

Andy

Yep. The August one is a much better behaved affair.

I've spectated at a couple of CCC's "normal" action days, and was very glad I did. Theres *nothing* that would get me out there with that lot........

That was my thoughts too...it must have been a CCC day I was at a few years ago then :)

Might just take the Westy out that way for a blast then (see if any Nova boys are jealous...)

Andy

I am planning to go if the weather is good, if I pass the strict 100db noise test I might be brave and go out for an early season, if not I will watch and laugh. The driving standard is a bit better early on before 11am when the free club passes are being used. If you do not have much track experience, I would recomend you just watch.

I have no track experience (unless you count karting or an 'experience' day at Oulton Park! ).

I'll probably turn up in the Westy if the weather looks good. It'll be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Andy

Anyone else in the area up for a day out?

I'm meeting up with one of the locals in Swindon to drive over there (got to try to keep up with his SEight! ), and then there should be a few from the Bath / Bristol area at Coombe.

Should be fun...

Andy