Hullavington track day 6th june

Buzzer

Fo those who went to the track day at Hullavington, here is some links to photo galleries of the day.

my pictures

more pictures

more pictures 2

official track photos

After a cold wet start to the day it turned out dry and sunny in the afternoon. So we all sampled the dubious experience of a wet and dry track on the same day. Loads of sliding about in the morning and high speed grip in the afternoon,.. well most of the time!

Dave

Glad you had a good day. I was considering going to that at one point, and was fairly glad I didn't on my drive to work!

I'll be along to one soon though...I'm only a couple of junctions up the M4 in Swindon!

Andy

Was that with Motorsport events? Do they let you *ahem* explore the cars handling on the limit? Or do they whip out the black flag as soon as a tyre squeals?

I'm going to their Bassingborn day on 5th July...

Hmmmm funny you should ask that.

1) in the dry, I was squeeling round several of the corners. no problems.

2) I did spin out twice. 1st time just after a bend. no black flag. However did a mega slide near the pits and was black flagged for pushing too hard. Both safe spins with no-one about in areas with no cones etc. They were ok about it and it was at the end of the day and it was a real sideways slide!

Their rules. 3 black flags and you are out.  

That was the first one I had been on, so cannot compare how others trackdays are run

Dave

I took my MR2 Turbo to Bassingbourne last year and spent most of the day with the tyres squealing without any comment.  They seemed more concerned if you were driving outside your capabilities or if you were trying to redesign their course be driving over cones.

I also did a day at Hullvington in May, the track was wet pretty much all day and got black flagged for spinning at the same corner twice in a row.  

Furtive,  have you got (or used to have) a black MR2???  I will probably see you at Bassingbourne on the 5th July as I am also booked in.

Shame I couldn't make it.  We'll have to get something organised in Aug/Sep.

I wonder how the performance and handling of the Elises compared with the Westies, in the wet, then the dry.

I spun twice in the wet and was given one black flag which they then decided was unfair and rescinded.  I have now been on 3 days with Motorsport Events and I think they get it about right - they let you have fun but don't allow any muppetry.

Big thanks to Tony Sighe (Chelt & Glos AO) for organising this one for us.  Despite the wet it turned out to be a good day.

I arrived back long-haul from business overseas the night before & got up early with jet lag for the Hullavington day.  This was my 1st track day since completing the build & running the engine in.

Scared myself in the morning on the "very" wet track.  Couldn't see a thing through three layers of water - outside of the windscreen, inside the windscreen & helmet visor.

Eventually, with tiredness creeping up again & plenty of water still on the track, discretion won over valour and I went home at lunch-time  :(

Furtive,  have you got (or used to have) a black MR2???  I will probably see you at Bassingbourne on the 5th July as I am also booked in.

Nope, I traded it in for a Lexus in March. It's supposed to be a tow barge so I can tow the Westy to trackdays but I haven't got (a) a tow bar or (b) a trailer yet  ???

Have we met?  :0

I think we met briefly at Le Mans a couple of years ago, the year it rained a lot.  I used to have a yellow rev3 Turbo.