Quite Possibly The Most Depressing Web Site

Captain Colonial

Prepare to cry:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Check the Donkervoort D8 ( South African 7 replica?  I dunno! ) in particular:

d8_070702_04.jpg

d8_070702_03.jpg

d8_070702_02.jpg

At a guess I think the driver would have lived. If you look at the roll bar and the steering wheel it has been cut off. Having seen how the firemen and ambulance men now get people out, especially if they suspect back or neck injury, it looks like they got a back board in and pulled the driver out as straight as possible. It is surprising what I have seen people walk away from with little more than a scratch.

On reflection, I'm not too sure it wasn't a fatal accident.  Look at the top picture.  See where the left rear wheel is?  Looks like the car may have got wrapped around a tree / pole / post.  The bottom one confirms it.  The car is bent like a banana in the middle - on the driver's side.  Ouch.

Be sure and look at the other 1,700 wrecks on the site.  Ferraris, Lambos, Astons... it breaks your heart!

But what's more impressive is the size of the  adjustable spanner in the fore ground of the picture!! Must be Big Johns!! :D

Buzz :(

That racing donkervoort was at the Drift Contest at Hockenheim.

More pictures of some fabulous cars can be found here notice the E-type limo and the Gemballa Porsche MMMmmmmm