westfield championship

any one going this weekend (24 & 25th may) to croft to watch the westfield championship? any body been to see it before? any good?

mike

I am going  :D

Yes it will be good. But I am biased.

I am missing qualifying due to having to go to my brothers wedding  :angry: Will be there for the race but will be starting from the back of the grid. Should be interesting to see how far up I can get in 10 laps. My aim would be top 5.  :cool:

look here for a program of whats on when:http://www.barc.net/timetables/dtt200308.htm

Cheers Dickie and to you for Monday. And all your helpers. How many are going now? You will be able to do a F1 type tyre change with your new pit crew?  :D

Keith

Despite all the posts on the boardroom, I think I've only got 1 helper coming! Still that's enough to hold the pit board - I can't seem to count to 10 during qualifying or a race so need someone to tell me!!!

Dickie

Yes, enjoyable day. At one point it was brolly up, and sunglasses on!   Mr Scarfe got his expected 5th from the back row, very entertaining.      What about that flying pensioner, Tony Sugden, I've seen him racing for years, and guessed he must be getting on, but 71 years old! and still winning!

:0  :0  :D  :D

was that the bloke in the skoda? i didnt relise he was that old! plenty of nice cars there, and a few sheds. was an ejoyable day though!

u see the bloke in the westfield that went out just after the chicane, who took it out on his car? started stickin the boot into it?  :)

mike

Yes in the "Skoda", I doubt there's much Skoda in it though! I saw the Westfield car kicking, didn't actually see what happened, but I thought someone said he lost a wheel.

Thanks for that chaps.

Was excellent fun driving through the pack. Could have done with an extra couple of laps as I caught up the main battle - 3 cars fighting for 2nd place, to late to have a real go.

I think it was Alexander Wilkinson who went off and had a bit of a tantrum. It was just in front of me but I couldn't tell if it was contact or if the car broke, I was just trying to avoid him.

Which post were you on? Do you have a burgundy Westfield? If so I saw you at the end but you was driving off.

Keith.

yeah that was the bloke. was a good close race though, every one seemed to be puttin more effort into there driving than some of the other races (ginetta to name one).

was an alround good race though, was supirsed more people dont enter the races from this board.

mike

Hi Keith

Well done in the race to finish 5th after starting from the back.

I spoke with Jonathan (no 28) and he said he could not keep you from getting past him.

I also agree with Mike why do not more people from this site visit the races when on or also why do not more people join in.

I would welcome anyones thouhts on this.

Keith I will see you at Oulton Park, as usual I will near the back of the pack.

Cheers

Scott (Number 16 car)

me and my dad were interested in joining the series next year when we have our licences. but i just have a couple of questions.

1. Do you have to goto every race or can you choose which ones you goto?

2. What are the restrictions you can do to the engines?

cheers

mike

Hi Mike

It is good to hear that more people are intersted in join the series.

You do not have to race at every meeting, but it is addictive I could not race at Croft because of family comitments, but I was keeped informed by phone as to how the race was going.

On the matter of regulations, if you let me have an e-mail address I will send over a copy.

Cheers

Scott

I too am surprised more people don't race. I think the reason is that the cars have to be quite standard, the rules are very strict, and most peoples are modified so it is difficult. You almost have to make your car slower to be eligible. To be ultra competitive you need to build a car specifically to the regulations. Once upon a time you HAD to be a member of the WSCC to enter. Now a days, the WSCC prefers to promote the speed series and let the factory promote 'their' race series (which they don't very much). There was a bit of a falling out over these two 'competing' series and the club decided to not want much to do with the racing championship. I and a few others still like to be involved with both.

To answer some questions:

You can enter any of the races, there are no rules here, you can do one, some or all of them. Obviously if you want to try to win the championship you have to do them all for the points. But if you just want to have a go, just enter your nearest one. That’s what I did when I started, but like Scott said it is highly addictive and you will want to do them all.

Engines must remain completely standard internally. Ford Zetec 1800 130PS spec. There are various things you can do like balancing and adjusting timing. You must then have twin 40 dcoes with restricted chokes and an Alpha ECU which MUST be purchased from the factory (receipt required).

For all the rules look here:http://www.barc.net/regulations.htm

Anything else you need to know please ask, either on here or you can email me.

keith@scarferacing.co.uk

Also check out my web site sometime:

www.scarferacing.co.uk