This Evening's Yorkshire Meet

Rory's Dad

As ever another excellent meeting - with added barn finds.

I'd filled my tintop with a selection of goodies for distribution to local members (and payment!). Some new faces present including MartynV who came all the way up from Tamworth with his missus and daughter to pick up a wide variety of parts. Grasscutter Adz was a first timer too and collected some useful bits. And talking of first timers, a new member (Chris I think) rang up and within 20 minutes was tucking into his first pint - a warm welcome Chris and to your missus too. Richard from Sheffield came up with his lad (who has his theory test for his driving licence tomorrow - good luck with that). See Richard, I did remember your name (at last!). Richard (and Cleowuss) had some good ideas about the proposed Yorkshire 8 - I'm looking forward to your emails. Thanks to you all, including those who let me know they couldn't make it - you know who you are!

And on top of all that? Another 12 regulars!! So how does that work. Earlier in the year bright sunshine, a warm evening and we get maybe half a dozen cars and tonight - its cold and wet and we get more than twice that number (albeit in the tintops).

And finally a reminder that we'll have a bring 'n buy at our meeting in November so see what's lurking unwanted and unloved in the back of your garage and bring it along - you might make a few quid. I'll see you then.

Rory's Dad

Thanks Martin, we had a good evening out.

We had arrived early and had a meal before you guys arrived and found the food to be excellent. It was a shame we had to leave early as I would have liked to chat more etc. Anyway thanks for the hospitality and the 'barn finds' of course.

Hope to see you again!

Martyn, Sue and Robyn

Excellent evening, was nice to meet such a friendly bunch, althpugh the sprinters are going to be a bad influence on me i can tell already. Also discovering there is a fellow member just up the road litterally was a surprise. Thanks for the Barn finds

Adam