Classic Car Rescue...

Fangi0

The cockney one seems to show many of the symptoms of dangerously high blood pressure.

It's OK, I take pills for it.

This show sounds so bad that I should try and watch a complete episode.

I personally wouldn't waste an hour of your life !

would'nt they have been better to have took the whole roof off and replaced it with a good one?

Imagine taking it to your nearest Polish car wash and them rubbing over the roof and all the filler cracking!

so would you take your car to that garage for an mot then knowing those two clownes are there. to be fair in the one episode I watched the candian guy (he can even hide behine being american ;) )didnt really do much to the car. just seemed to be the one with the cash and who went outlooking for spares

I would love to have been in the Chanel 5 meeting room when they were planning these programmes.

Those notably absent would have been:

Anyone with the slightest inkling of how cars should be restored.

Anyone interested in classic cars

Anyone who can speak English

A psychiatrist

PS Like the Comment about a live heart attack special. I have stopped watching on orders of the management, one cardiac arrest is usually one too many and I've had one already!

Come to think of it. A boxed DVD set would be the ideal Christmas gift for someone you don't like. A sort of stocking filler, with the emphasis on 'filler'

I personally wouldn't waste an hour of your life !

Watch it on the recorder and skip the ads + the 'this is what we're going to do' and 'this is what you've already seen' bits and it's probably less than a half hour.

I watched the first 3 this way but have had to delete it from the programmed recordings I can't take any more.

Biggest load of b*ll*x I've seen for many a year, more of a comedy show than anything else. How to convince people they can fix a car properly. Not for me other than a laugh and a head shake.

Bob :( :( :(:arse:

Watch it on the recorder and skip the ads + the 'this is what we're going to do' and 'this is what you've already seen' bits and it's probably less than a half hour.

I think I'll record the next one, watch the ads and skip the programme...

Much as I hate the program, (struggled through the first two, then deleted it from series-link), it's what the producers think the public want; and it appears to be a UK take on a number of quite similar program's at the moment, so presumably viewing figures support this particularly annoying style of car restoration program. (Though I can believe they'd be good for this actual show).

I remember a few years ago asking Mark Evans if there was any chance of seeing the "...is Born" or a similar style show back on air, and his answer was soooo disappointing; Discovery just didn't see an audience/market for the show at that time. (A descision based on cold hard figures, I'm sure)

So instead of genuine enthusiasm and respect for the project in hand, with lots of gritty, oily detail, we're stuck with this glib trash and an insistence on constantly building in false jeapody and personality clashes.

Thank goodness Wheeler Dealers, for all it's faults, seems to keep getting away with it!

Enough's enough....I've given it more than a fair chance, and I'm usually prepared to tolerate a fair amount of dross if there's the occasional bit of useful information to be gleaned (i.e. American Chopper, etc). I sat through the e-type episode, and the porsche one, but after 30 minutes of the mgb it had to be turned off. What a pile of amateurish, contrived, poo. There was not one single useful bit of information and our local amateur dramatics would be ashamed of the acting. The "experts" failed to realise they were jacking up on a rusty floor, and the springs had been cut so the axle fell off....my ar5e!

I said it above, it's entertainment, or at least what the execs think is entertainment

i did wonder about the rear axle. if it was only hanging on by a thread the when they were pushing it about etc wouldnt it have fallen off then?

i do think that canadian guy isnt all that bad. the two ive wathed he hasnt really done anything mechanical and if he ditched the berny and used the long haried guy then the show would be different.

For the axle to fall off both eyes off each end of each spring had been cut through, the shock absorbers disconnected, the droop straps disconnected, brake lines disconnected, handbrake disconnected, and probably the propshaft removed...give me a break C5...