Classic Car Rescue...

Fangi0

Just watched the porka one and I don't really see the problem. Get rid of the bernie guy as he's just loudmouthed and annoying and the rest seems ok. The bodywork/interior guys looked like they did a great job and knew their stuff.

The only bit I would have been concerned with would be anything bernie did as he just seems a bit armature.

I wouldn't pay 22k for the porka but that's not to say its not worth it. Wheeler dealers deffo give you the confidence their cars are worth it compared to this but that could just be down to the filming

"anything bernie did as he just seems a bit armature."

was he winding you up?

Sorry :)

Groan... :laugh:

"anything bernie did as he just seems a bit armature."

was he winding you up?

Sorry :)

Perhaps they need him to brush up :)

Looked like a live wire to me.

Getting serious for a moment. Please bear in mind that TV (and Radio) is 100% an entertainment media. It's sole function is to entertain. Nothing, not even then truth or fact must get in the way of entertainment.

Definatley prefer Wheeler dealers, getting nice motors back on the road is what its all about, although when Mike describes making a tidy profit he forgets to factor in Ed Chinas time how much is the hourly rate at a Garage ?

Another similar programme is Chasing Classic Cars, based in America which has had some interesting Barn finds

Definatley prefer Wheeler dealers, getting nice motors back on the road is what its all about, although when Mike describes making a tidy profit he forgets to factor in Ed Chinas time how much is the hourly rate at a Garage ?

Another similar programme is Chasing Classic Cars, based in America which has had some interesting Barn finds

the money in those in in a different league. that guy is often at auctions for $1M+ its mental.

all of these programs seem to not include the costs of labour but then again wheeler dealers was all about showing you what can be done.

Having learnt about the programme here, I'm just watching the MGB episode.

Jesus H Christ.

Went to the Ch5 website to find out more and discovered that you can comment on the programme.

Every comment has been "removed by moderators". I suspect mine would also have even removed so didn't bother commenting.

Awful, awful, awful...

ooo i had no idea it was on again. i could do with a chuckle

Just watched the MGB restoration, looks like the the 2 main idiots don't have much to do with the work on the car, thank god, it's the other mechanics and paintman that are the unsung heroes.

i suspect they have 2 cars this week. if you look at the air filters they swap from origional to k&n's a few times at various points in the episode. not even finished watching it yet

O dear were do we start? The axle "Fell" out,

In the shot of the axle design, the springs had rolled ends and would be located with pins, On the ones that fell out, the rolled ends were cut off!

They did'nt say how they fixed the two front wings, both rotten as a pear, looked like new ones to me!

He purchased 2 ROUND mirrors for a pitance at the spares guy, those fitted on the finished car were OBLONG!

He was asking £800 for the wreck, "How about meeting half way" £500?

:arse: :A***: ??? ??? :cry: :cry:

This show is a complete joke, watched the MGB episode last night...shocking!!

I think the whole show is a setup for a Channel 5 world first - a live heart attack special. The cockney one seems to show many of the symptoms of dangerously high blood pressure.