Finding A New Engine

Conehead

If it does go on eBay, I would be tempted to buy it if it is cheap enough. SORN then break it, sell all the bits and keep the panels and chassis in case I bend mine. Narrow chassis will only ever go up in price IMHO ???

Would be a good base for a light sprint car though :oops:

If it does go on eBay, I would be tempted to buy it if it is cheap enough. SORN then break it, sell all the bits and keep the panels and chassis in case I bend mine. Narrow chassis will only ever go up in price IMHO ???

Isn't Conehead's car a live axle?

I hope so, as mine certainly is. Not much use to me if it's an inde :laugh:

Sorry - says SEi on your profile.

• Like 1

If this comes up for sale I would be tempted to buy it and fix it up. X flow is cool

Have you finished painting the garage now then ???

How many propshafts has this car got? Or is it driveshafts?

By the way, CH, how much have you spent on these engines so far? Is it enough to have the first one rebuilt professionally and you driving the car for the past few months without a care.

Sorry - says SEi on your profile.

oop's :blush: so it does :blush: :blush:

Will change that one now :suspect:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

CH - As Phil said earlier, the market for such 'toys' looks pretty depressed (more than you over recent months :) ) and you're likely to get a bottom end price this time of year.

It only seems like you've had five minutes with a car that's working, so maybe be better just to step back now for a week or two and maybe consider keeping it? There's next year to look forward to and now your major problems with it appear sorted, why not just spend a modest amount on one or two choice updgrades (a better ratio diff looks like a good start) and re-evaluate come the spring.

It's so easy to want more and be unsatisfied with what you've got when looking around at some of the excellent cars some people have, but the smile factor is pretty much the same with a car that you can push to the limit in corners, regardless of power or engine choice.

I think it'd be only natural to want a bit more even if you had 300hp under the bonnet, so perhaps give yourself a bit of time with a working car to maybe grow to like it and enjoy it before throwing in the towel and, potentially, giving it up for silly money

As I implied earlier - a swap can be done for less money by being very careful and shopping around - e.g I got a gearbox for £25 which is fine , silencer for £25, manifold (stainless £160) and so on, engine as a gift, modded my own sump and pickup ( £40 for welding) Etc etc.

I collected the bits before I started over a few months from members and eBay . In all

£2000, I have the spreadsheet somewhere . I got about £500 for the Xflow and box too ( included in my £2k cost)

It's a fun challenge - see my www , but if you are not up to it - sell and get another.

Btw I have the 3.54:1 diff - ideal I think

Sorry if this is a repost but smile every time I watch it.

Is this the performance you are looking for CH.