Advance Notice - Database Cleansing

Captain Colonial

Hello all,

This is advance notice to let you know that there will a boardroom database cleansing in January to remove certain non-active boardroom accounts.

Almost no one who reads this will be affected in any way - however, there are many boardroom accounts that have been completely inactive for some time, which will be removed in the cleansing.

The criteria for account removal will be:

> Any account with a status shown as a "Forum User" (not as a "WSCC Member" - no WSCC Member accounts will be removed), AND

> Has ZERO total posts made since the previous boardroom inception eleven years ago in 2001, AND

> Where the account holder has not logged in since the new boardroom was launched in early January 2012 (so no boardroom activity whatsoever within the last twelve months)

Any boardroom account MUST meet all three criteria first before it will be considered for deletion during this cleansing.

If your account is one of these by it meeting all three of the criteria, you can avoid its deletion simply by logging in. If you need help logging in, just drop me an email and I'll help you. :t-up: You need not make a post - just logging in will suffice to prevent deletion.

This is being done for several reasons, but the main effect will be to have a much more accurate database. It will also free up many user names that are currently taken but not actively used, which future users might wish to have. The cleansing will remove at least 3,200 old inactive and unused accounts which have contributed nothing and been long absent from the boardroom as well.

Any questions, just ask and I'll be happy to assist. :)

Thanks in advance,

MemSec

Scott, how about a cleanse of those that post way too much? :)

Don't tempt me... :laugh: Anyone in particular you have in mind, Norman? :devil:

Well I was thinking of me.....

and you..... :)

Would certainly solve what some might perceive as two problems at once! :laugh:

Back on that subject again eh, two birds with one stone.

will the cleansing lower the post count as i dont think Norm could take that. not a good idea when he is using power tools ???

No, the post count will not be lowered. Only accounts that have never made a post and meet the other criteria will be deleted. There are loads of accounts that have only made one or two posts, but deleting those might well cause inconsistencies and errors. There will be a full backup before the web team does the cleansing.

Tomorrow is Monday, I'll have a shower.