Self Cancelling Indicators

ian clear

yes, I'm making 9 - 2 for Dean and Craig to play with and then hopefully 7 for sale (I've done a lot of testing already, so don't expect any problems, but better to be safe than sorry). Pretty stickers ordered, which will obviously make them even better...

21e0f368-e4fd-4535-98bc-df1d9c3b395d_zps

I've also just ordered another 10 PCB's with some layout improvements to be easier to solder (mostly larger gaps between tracks) - hopefully I'll offer these as 'kits' for home assembly unless I get really bored over winter and start soldering them myself :)

you just have :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I haven't worked out the costs completely, and don't want to break any club selling rules, so I'll have to work something out with the committee (or sell on ebay or etsy or something) although I don't expect to make my fortune on this...

[it roughly looks like about £20 for a kit of bits depending on quantities] 

• Like 1

Blame it on the soldering iron...

Seriously, I have a favourite 15W Antex iron with either a 1mm or 2.3mm tip that does the job, but you need good light and a taste for solder fumes  :d

I'm down for one too please!

• Like 1

If you are basically offering these at cost and as a service, could someone on the committee give you the ok to sell them officially without being a trader?

DIfficult I guess - as a full kit, there's very little profit to be made, but as an assembled unit, I'd need to charge for my assembly time, so I guess that looks like profit. I'll need to take some advice - that's why I thought perhaps advertise them on ebay or etsy, but offer a 'member discount' or something similar.

Meanwhile, I'll keep on soldering :)

Thanks all for your interest. I've approached the committee and they are considering how to handle.

Here's the rough situation (if we are able to go without EBay selling fees, and subject to successful final testing):

Assuming 10 self assembly kits (PCB's ordered) and 7 pre-assembled kits (under construction):

A kit of parts supplied by me (everything needed to make one as pictured above including soldering instructions and pre-programmed micro) would be £20-25 tbc. Soldering experience required, but all through-hole components with good PCB solder mask, plated through-holes and a chip socket, so fairly straightforward - takes about an evening to do. None of the individual components are very expensive and are easily sourced, so if you had a 'mare, we could probably sort it out quite easily.

A pre-assembled (and fully tested) unit would be roughly double this for the time it takes to solder and test (tbc) - I will get bored very quickly making these :)

You can probably tell that my preference is to package up kits, but no doubt I'll continue to make the odd assembled unit when requested.

I really appreciate your interest in the thread - when it comes time to start supplying bits (and by then I'll have confirmed prices) we can always come back to the 'first dibs' list in here :)

Mike