Self Cancelling Indicators

ian clear

Mike,

As previously discussed I'll take one too but a completed unit. I don't want to solder it....I want it to work :cry:

:d

You were top of the 'first dibs' list Jared  :d

If you change your mind, all you need is a good (small) soldering iron with a clean tip, patience and good light, honestly...

• Like 1

I'm getting to understand how Henry Ford felt...

1a2cbc7a-9b67-49eb-82f3-a7f6385d9095_zps

• Like 2

I've written the fitting instructions:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=794

do they make sense, though? I'm so familiar with it, I can't really tell! Feedback gratefully received, the worse the better :)

Updated pictures to show the flasher relay, thanks!

Edited by R7 WSC

I think you have done a great job on the instructions.

I like the little pictures that make things clear and also the fact that it is written in straight forward english with simple words that I understand.

The fact that you have described the colours of the cables would give me a degree of confidence to have a go myself when I would have paid someone to do it for me. 

• Like 1

Morning all :)

First of all, thanks to Mike for not only doing something clever and sharing it with us, but thanks also for doing the absolute right thing and contacting the Committee when it started to snowball and requests to buy came in.  These things do happen from time to time, and all we ask is that we are contacted so can advise and agree on certain elements to ensure fairness for all, i.e. members, buyers, the seller and our valued sponsors and traders.  You can tell the Committee are okay with it by the fact you can see this thread and it isn't locked, all because Mike did the right thing. :t-up:

As it currently stands, the Committee have discussed the matter and are happy to let this one proceed. :)

As per our standard procedure in this cases, here comes the standard club disclaimer:

WSCC DISCLAIMER

Both the Vendor and the Buyer understand and accept that the WSCC and its members are in no way liable, responsible or accountable for any copyright or intellectual property disputes, transaction, or the quality, suitability or safety of the item in question.  The WSCC do not admit to any design responsibility, and the manufacture and fitment of products is entirely at the risk of the Buyer.  The contract is strictly between the Vendor and the Buyer, and the WSCC will not be involved in any disputes.

The Vendor accepts that the Committee will be the final judge on all matters, and reserves the right to clarify, amend, add to or withdraw the above should it decide it to be necessary without prior notice if they feel it is in the best interests of the club.

Please note that if Mike becomes the victim of his own success and things really take off, we reserve the right in the future to re-examine things to determine whether it's all grown to the point where Trader status would be more appropriate.  But as I said, that's a maybe and in the future.

OK, official duty done, thanks for reading, nothing to see here, move along... :getmecoat:

great work, this look like a great bit of kit. i'll take a kit please and i'll have a crack at soldering. No rush, when ever you manage to sort the bits,

• Like 1

Thanks Scott and the Committee.

I blame Dean (DE04*) for always leaving his indicators turned on... Now I have a solder flux headache and a minimum wage evening job I hadn't planned :)

Hopefully Dean and Craig can give some comments when they've tried to use my fitting instructions and BlinkStop for real on the mean streets of Kent and Essex!

Incidentally, there are a few other uses for this kit that I hadn't thought of before:

1) Headlight Beam Control for a pushbutton switch

could use without any changes other than the wiring connections and software. In my own car, I sense sidelight power and then use the pushbutton to latch the main or dip beam. If sidelight is off, I just let the button cause a 1sec headlight flash.

2) Windscreen wash-wipe control

could toggle through wipe speeds with multiple button presses, and always give a wipe when the wash button is pressed.

3) VCT solenoid activation based on engine speed and throttle position

4) Nitrous Oxide injection

5) Shift lights

6) Rev limiter

7) Brake light flasher for hard brake stops - sense wheel decel and flash the brake light if >0.6g stop

8) Idle speed controller for a carb with an idle air control valve

9) Fog light IVA canceller on ignition cycle

10) programmable oil pressure warning light based on rpm

alright, I'm getting carried away again, but you get the idea :)

PS the ATTiny85 chip can be removed and re-programmed in a few minutes (USB programmers cost <£20) if you get very keen

Mike,

Did express an interest in this earlier, so not sure if I'm on the list or not. If not, and you have spare capacity could I have one too please.

Thanks

John.

• Like 1

Mike, you've do it now I was going to fit a main beam/ flash switch to my steering wheel & was wondering how to do it.

So if there's any left I would like another.

Ps my computer skills are as got as my soldering so a programmed one would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

that's one vote for a headlight controller then - I'll start thinking about the software for that, Andy :)

Maybe I need a desk in the Stoneleigh tent next year where we can all sit quietly and solder these things together!