Self Cancelling Indicators

ian clear

I don't suppose anybody who is currently changing to push button indicators (with a car that's staying active through winter) would like to test one of these?

DE04 will test the Lucas switch version, but I really need some feedback on how good/ bad the push button version is...

Only 3 conditions:

1) I get to pester you for feedback

2) You get to keep it if you like it, otherwise I get it back :)

3) You have to be a WSCC Member

I will be swapping from the Lucas switch to two momentary buttons over winter - but car will be off the road I'm afraid :(

shame, but on the bright side I'll have a working kit ready that will be much more affordable than the Westfield self-cancelling unit... :)

If only you had it finished 3 weeks ago when I still had my scuttle off...  Now not planning to re-visit that area for a long time (seeing how long it took me to resolve the DRL issue)...

very easy to wire, Q - Ign 12V, Ground, Brake Light, 3 wires for the 2 new switches and 3 wires to where the existing switch is...

very easy to wire, Q - Ign 12V, Ground, Brake Light, 3 wires for the 2 new switches and 3 wires to where the existing switch is...

Oh, it's not the wiring I'm afraid off... it's the removal of the  :swear: scuttle (and everything that is bolted onto it) ;)

I'm still fine to test Mike, just need to sort my new garage and workshop out so I can extract the car!

Great, I checked the electronic flasher tonight which worked perfectly, so all should be good. I ordered nice boxes to put them in, too...

• Like 1

Excellent! Got the car out today and started her, and sorted garage out so she's back in use. Look forward to fitting.

And finished  :)  :yes:

Here it is:

425c3092-dff6-4ef4-82a5-7f146045e38e_zps

Here's the spec:

It can be used with traditional indicator bulbs or LED bulbs, and works alongside the existing flasher relay.

It can replace any ON/OFF/ON switch or can be used with momentary ON push buttons.

It can be set for either 12 seconds of flash duration or 18 seconds.

Indicator cancelling is disabled while brakes are pressed, and for 6 or 9 seconds afterwards so that the indicators can remain on in traffic or while waiting to turn.

With an ON/OFF/ON switch, normal indicator function is returned by first switching to OFF, then to whichever direction is needed.

With push buttons, the indicator can be toggled on and off with each push. If changing direction from Right to Left (or vice versa), push the opposite button once and the indicator will cancel and switch to the new required side, with a reset of the cancelling timer.

:d

• Like 1

Got to say, you do make a cracking product  :yes:   Wiring looks to be exactly the same as the Westfield supplied version?  Except for maybe the flasher?

Thanks Quinten :) I haven't seen a wiring diagram for the Westfield version, but I don't think it has a brake input or configurable input for momentary or fixed switch?

The wiring is very easy:

Wire 1: 12V Ignition, Ground, Brake Light

Wire 2: Flasher, Left Indicator, Right Indicator

Wire 3: Switch Common, Left switch, Right Switch

So you really can just add spade connectors and 'slot in' where the current switch is, then add the 12V/Gnd/Brake and good to go...

Thanks Quinten :) I haven't seen a wiring diagram for the Westfield version, but I don't think it has a brake input or configurable input for momentary or fixed switch?

The wiring is very easy:

Wire 1: 12V Ignition, Ground, Brake Light

Wire 2: Flasher, Left Indicator, Right Indicator

Wire 3: Switch Common, Left switch, Right Switch

So you really can just add spade connectors and 'slot in' where the current switch is, then add the 12V/Gnd/Brake and good to go...

No, the Westfield one has 12V/Ground/Flasher, LI/RI, and LS/RS/Common, so similar but not ;)

Must admit, I am very tempted, especially as it is almost plug and play for me...  even though the Westfield version serves it's purpose :)

More in progress. I have to admit that making one is fun, two is OK, but 4 is tedious...

IMG_20151022_203231406_zpsys1jymeu.jpg

IMG_20151023_231647252_zpsc3qfezvh.jpg

• Like 1