Factory Carbon Wings. Sorry If Its A Repost

RobC

http://www.ebay.co.u...=1#ht_500wt_953

are westfield actually having a laugh...? £500! that twice the price of anywhere else... I know times are hard, but surely noone is actually going to pay that...

if they are I fear I may have to get my mould out and jack in my job if thats the case.... :t-up:

That still to much at £450!

Fluke's are £270 plus Vat @ 19%

The ones I made recently cost me about £70 all in... there's mark up and then there's mark up.

Carbon ain't nothing special.... just a different material...

Ill have 2 pairs please..........................

NOT!!! You must be barking mad

Rob you should sell yours to WF for £300

My comment was tongue in cheek!

I've got a set of Westfield pattern real carbon ones on mine. I bought them on here but they were allegedly made as a favour by an F1 team. Very nice they are too and cost me a fraction of Westfield's asking price.

I know Geoff... :)

Obv. I appreciate there is time involved... but Carbon mods never thought to charge this much

And now Carbon Mods don't do much Westfield stuff as the costs didn't add up for them...

(Not that I'm saying the factory price is right)

dont know if your webpage is not updating but based on the request by some members of Cheshire we dropped the price to £400 for them - However we advised that these were not 100% perfect

Fluke's aren't 100% carbon. My rears are fibre glass with a carbon skin on top.

I had to get them when I rebuilt my car after the accident as I was let down by the original supplier. The carbon has been attacked by UV now needs painting.

dont know if your webpage is not updating but based on the request by some members of Cheshire we dropped the price to £400 for them - However we advised that these were not 100% perfect

Are these factory ones pure carbon pre-preg or wet lay on top of GRP?

didn't you use to he able to get a complete nose cone for 500 od quid ?

the thought of spending that much on a part that is so likely to get damaged is enough to put me off

I got £50 secondhand carbon ones off Porkie ;-)

Unfortunately or fortunately in my opinion, the shape of the wings with the return edges make them a little bit more complicated to manufacture than others on the market.

We have to make sure that the wings meet the current IVA and European Small series regulations as well as the aftemarket world.

We could reduce the retail price if you guys got together and wanted to buy quantity.....group buy anyone?

Kind regards

Simon Westwood

Sales & Marketing Manager

Unfortunately or fortunately in my opinion, the shape of the wings with the return edges make them a little bit more complicated to manufacture than others on the market.

We have to make sure that the wings meet the current IVA and European Small series regulations as well as the aftemarket world.

We could reduce the retail price if you guys got together and wanted to buy quantity.....group buy anyone?

Kind regards

Simon Westwood

Sales & Marketing Manager

I don't know all the costs involved in these and other parts you make but it does seem that you like to charge a premium on parts.

Just take radiators and your wide track kit as prime examples. It only takes 10 mins with google to find the same or equivalent part with substantial reductions.

It doesn't seem right to milk your customers and been perfectly honest I would spend more of my money with you if you we're competitively priced and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone.

• Like 1

Likewise - I've always been happy with the service from the parts team when I've bought from them and would happily buy more from them if it wasn't for some of the prices forcing me to either go third party or second hand.

Some of the parts were available for substantially less at Stoneleigh so unless the factory were selling at a loss to attract business (noting that your team were checking their cost sheet when haggling), there ought to be room for some savings.

Edit: I should add that I would not deny the factory the right to make a fair profit as I'm sure we all want the business to be successful and our cars to continue to be supported. However, when the same part is available elsewhere for significantly less, it's difficult to support the factory when I struggle to find the money to run the car as it is.