2008 Fw Duratec For Sale

chappers

Car now SOLD

Hi all,

I have put my factory built 2008 183bhp 2.0 Duratec FW Westfield reluctantly up for sale. I need to be able to use our conventional car to take our son to football but if the wife needs a car then I have to take the Westfield which is OK, though not that practical with lots of football kit. Getting rid of the wife/kids is not really an option so it looks like it's probably VX220 time if I can get away with that or something more practical like an S2000. Anyway add now on pistonheads. Any questions then please ask.

http://www.pistonhea...les/4261729.htm

Couple of other points that are as yet not in the piston heads advert, though I'm sure a fair few will already know due to my postings on here.

The car had a crack in the inside edge of the top chassis rail under the bonnet on the drivers side. Only cracked the front edge and not all the way through. Well SteveD has now fixed this for me last week, doing a great job of adding a tapered box section brace that goes all the way back to the diagonal brace coming from the lowermost chassis rail, so there should be no more issues with regard to this. I'll post a piccy when I can, but been shed building the last few days so haven't got around to it. Steve did confirm that he didn't like the inboard front ARB so I plan on removing it and disconnecting a rear dop link to see what it drives like and if I prefer ARBs, then I'll get a Play-Kool front outboard ARB and fit that. SteveD has checked all the pick-up points etc. and there is no other cracking anywhere else.

The only other issue is the front Fluke carbon wings are discolouring a little, but this can apparently be sorted by re-laquering - Nicely timed post of Norman's about this on his Caterham. :t-up: . I didn't think of it at the time but as the car was with SteveD I should have got him to do it as I'm sure he would have done a great job. I'll get this done at some point, as the wings are perfect apart from being a little less shiny than originally.

Price currently £11950 ono.

Regards

Kevin.

Just buy a cheap run around instead of selling the Westfield

That's an idea but I'm not keen of 3 lots of tax/insurance. I commute to London to work by coach and my wifes a ful time mum so we only do 6000 miles in total a year. 2000 miles per car seems a bit OTT. The mileage I did in my old car actually worked out at £1/mile when you include tax/MOT/service/insurance/petrol.

Currently i do less than 100 miles per month in my truck, and about 600 in the wifes Focus.

We currently own

L200

Focus Estate

Mercedes S Class

Westfield (in build)

2 x Road Legal Quad bikes

+ 5 other cars that are off the road

Nice going Aj, I don't feel so bad about my collection now.

Your car always looks great in photos Kevin and I'm sure it'll sell.

During my own build, two cars I found inspiration from were yours and Toddy's so I feel a bit sad you've both decided to sell :(

Good luck with the sale (although I'm with Aj - don't do it) :t-up:

Thanks for the support. I must admit I am wavering a little wondering if this is a bit of a rushed decision. At football on Sunday I had a cold, didn't feel well, was getting a bit wet and my polished westy was getting showered on. Maybe a sunny drive to football this weekend will put things right.

Thanks for the support.

Maybe a sunny drive to football this weekend will put things right.

Is it an away game in Cyprus or something???

But I strongly advise against a S2000, I went 2.4 pinto Robin Hood with 138bhp to an S2000 AP2 (AP1's had less power and issues) and regretted it. The S2000 was mine for 6 weeks and had to go! I now use a 1800 Zetec SeiW with 155bhp as a daily car and I do 600miles a week! My wife's getting a Westfield once weather picks up in spring because of how good they are.

I can't believe you're selling Kev!!

Love this car. Has to be one of the nicest, cleanest examples I've seen. Wants for nothing.

P.s Don't do it

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now looking at losing my job... A good 7-10 grand is coated in bright yellow gel coat... I've suggested selling it and getting a cheap run around... The wife won't let me. Should it not be the wife for in me to part with the noisy cricket?

bad news guest - sorry to hear that..... yopu have a great wife... hang on to car as long s you can - something will come up sharpish....

bad news guest - sorry to hear that..... yopu have a great wife... hang on to car as long s you can - something will come up sharpish....

Cheers, not defiantly gone yet, but a very long story and I feel a new career and peace will do me the world of good! Driving instructor maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.