What Was Your Best Upgrade During 2012?

abbeya

Best upgrade to Mr Toad this year was converting the car from carbs to throttle bodies. Much more torque mid range and improved fuel economy. No more pops and bangs from the exhaust. Will pay for itself eventually. :)

I've just placed an order for a BGH gearbox. tall first gear, close ratios in between and a long 5th gear for cruising. This will almost be a winter upgrade by the time I get it as they have a long waiting list.

Jenny

Converting it from kit to car. Or is that cheating?

Otherwise I'd have to say wind deflectors and that's just lame.

Aeroscreen. Digi dash might yet scrape in for 2012...

Getting my Caterham back on the road and sorting the long term problem which turned out to be the ignition amplifier and rotor arm.

Not much blatting this but looking forward to next year,

Geo set up was good.

Dyno set up was also good as once I knew my fueling was good I could thrash it :d

The best though has to be the quick release steering wheel hub and small wheel, at last I can turn the wheel past my knees without my knuckles hitting. Yes, I am built like a skinny gorrilla.

Although I don't strictly need the quick release, it has moved it out from the dash a good bit and I'm so much comfier and also find the wheel takes less effort to turn so I've got better control too, even with a smaller wheel. It's really been the making of the car and the icing on a very big cake. :love:

Best: carbon fibre cycle wings - look good and don't flex and wobble at speed like the grp ones :)

Cheapest: plug in volt meter £1.53p from the bay :t-up:

Replacing standard front dampers with 1/2 inch longer Protech ones from Procomp.

Just curious - what does the extra half inch give you (there's a smutty joke in there somewhere). More negative travel?

Protech are on my list.

Completing the car firstly

Then getting a GEO set up done - transformed it.

Currently - swapping the engine over - good fun

Yep...I may be running slightly more ride height than ideal due to the MX5 sump being so low - as a result the front supension would drop onto full droop at times over narrow dips and pot holes. The extra half inch makes all the difference and the dampers themselves just feel so right. I'll swap the rears for Protechs as well this winter (valved and balanced by Procomp), but will keep the standard length.