For all those down south

shaun

One for the diary (weekend after Stoneleigh)

Thames Valley Sports Car Day at The Stag & Huntsman & Hambleden Sports Ground

near Henley on Thames Oxon - organised by the Jaguar Enthusiasts club.

SUNDAY 11th May 2003 12 Noon til 3.00pm

Doesn't start until 12 noon - so a chance to plan a scenic drive towards Henley.  Hambleden is located about 3 miles from Turville (where the Vicar of Dibley was filmed)

Bring your own picnic(sorry no BBQ's)or make use of the Pub's facilities.

There will be the usual broad range of Vintage , Classic & Modern transport on display. As is our tradition there is no entry charge fo this event but there will be a charity bucket at the gate, donations will be made to the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance.

Hambleden Village is off the A4155 between Henley & Marlow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• shaun

• Blatman

• felters

More the merrier.  We had 18 Westies last year, in total about 150 sports cars (mainly classic jags).

The Thames Valley route starts from the Bird in Hand, Knowl Hill at 11am, and travels towards Maidenhead then up Marlow High Street,  then towards Henley.  You're quite welcome to meet us at the Bird in Hand, otherwise will see you at Hambleden - do you want me to work out a route for you - (know the area quite well)

Click here for our route.

Hambleden sports ground is here

As I said the Jaguar Enthusiasts club organised this event.  Last year it was run extremely professionally.  Click here for their website

I'll have my camera - just got a new one - Pentax 430RS.  :D

You have Neil Hatton to thank for last years photos (seen on website)

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Oh & for reference, last year the pub was selling decent grub such as

Peasant burgers (I've omitted the "h" in deference to the Jag Owners Club) :arse:

Venison Sausages

Steaks etc.

A little pricey - but the quality was worth every penny...

See you there minus Westfield but +pram (god willing...not long to go now..! ) :D  :p

• 2 weeks later...

Details of event on Jaguars club website - follow events link.

Click here

Event runs from 12 noon to 3pm so plenty of time to plan a scenic run.

Bring a picnic, otherwise there's plenty of food at the pub including a barbeque (pheasant burgers etc)

Picture of last years event

westieham3.jpg

So will expect to see those from the following areas: -   Northants, Herts Bucks and Beds, Cheltenham and Gloucs, Surrey, and Hants and Wilts.  :D  :D  :D

My horrible offspring (also a member) informs me that travelling in convoy is very naughty and the “overworked” plod will threaten to arrest us all if we leave the Bird in Hand all at the same time to go to Hambledon. It is so farcical I imagine that it is probably true!   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• 1 month later...

Thames Valley Sports Car Day is on Sunday 11 May at Hambleden.

The Bird in Hand staff have kindly offered to serve coffee for everyone from 10:30am.

So meet up at the Bird in Hand from 10:30am onwards, to leave at around 11:30am, otherwise at Hambleden Sports ground at 12pm onwards.  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Let's beat the 14 strong convoy we had last year heading up through Marlow High Street.

:)  :(  :D  :p  ;)  ???  :0  :angry:  :cool:

Anyone going to this heading from the West?

After failing to go to Stoneleigh this weekend, I'm starting to think I really should show my face at one of these things :).

I'm in Swindon by the way.

Anyone?

Andy

If anyone wants further details or maps, follow this URL http://www2.wscc.co.uk/area/thamesvalley

normal TV URL is down at the moment but above link works OK.

Map found under NEWS section

I think you might want to check your spelling :)

(Hint, there's an 's' in 'thamesvalley';)

Andy

I think you might want to check your spelling :)

(Hint, there's an 's' in 'thamesvalley';)

Andy

DUH :0

THANKS

you coming to Hambleden?

Thinking about it.

I'm in Swindon, so it's not a million miles from me. Doesn't look like anyone else is coming from this direction though.

Unless you know any better?

Andy