Length Of Ownership

hoppy504

New factory built car, 4th. March 2008, still have it, and use it mainly in the Speed Series. So that is 4 1/2 years and counting.

March 1991 - took delivery of the kit. Still married to the old girl and competing in the speed series, though she's had a hell of a lot of cosmetic surgery over the years.

same here picked up the kit in dec1991, build in april 1992 still going strong in 2012. 20 years old and getting faster with age :t-up:

plus i have another westy built in 2009 and coming up for her 3rd birthday soon :d :d

Ulp better add something!!

Built 1996 - 97, still going strong in the speed series, well some of it is............

Cheers

Barry

Kit bought in October 2011, completed end of March 2012.

Just about to hibernate it and start taking it to bits again :d

I best mention that although mines 23 years old and I've had it 20 there are only 4 original unmodified parts on it.

The steering column

the 2 rear radius arms

the de dion tube.

Every other component has been modified or renewed.

Bit like triggers broom.

only reason im selling mine is due to circumstances. otherwise i would have no interest in getting rid. i think 18 months is just about the right time for some poeple to get at the beginning of summer, drive for the summer then realise how little (unless your comitted) you use it over winter followed by maybe another summer of driving between the rain. by this time they have run the bug out of thier system and/or got fed up with the lack of use and moved on.

i would have to say in terms of if you just want a soft top the usual suspects z4/boxter/mx5 etc will fill that gap and some. coupled with better refinement and creature comforts the seven could be a little dissapointing if its not quite right. i use my soft top way more than i do the westy and for me the only real thing is the lightness and lack of initial speed.

About 18 months, have no intention of selling. Does everything I want it to and a hell of a lot more, even when it's annoying me I never consider selling up and it's completely unique.

10 years this month for me. I didn't build it (ZEis are all factory built), but there aren't many bolts on it I haven't undone at some time or another. It's evolved constantly over the years which has been a key part of the ownership experience, and made it all the more rewarding. It's not just my name on a log book, its a representation of my automotive psyche, finessed, tweaked, cussed at, pontificated over for a decade until I'm more happy with it now than I've ever been.

I've contemplated selling it many times, but always come back to the notion that there's probably no other car that I could afford to buy and run that will deliver the same hit my westy does for me. :)

Ben

owned mine since April - I have 6 vehicles and it's the only one I really have to actually drive and it's testimony to Martin Parkes and Hi-Tech Motorsport to have put it together so well.

I look forward to the westfield on the track like climbing a big virgin tree (one thats never been climbed before.....)

other cars are Z4 3.0, Saab 9-3 HPT conv, nissan navarra, Nissan x-trail, mitsubishi cantor, ford transit, polaris 6x6 ATV but I love my westy

• Like 1

I Bought my kit April 2007 so thats 4-1/2 years and counting. On the road for 3-1/2 of those. Will i ever sell it...... I very much doubt it i enjoy it far too much to contenplate doing that. It gives so much pleasure even when i'm not driving it and just knowing its tucked away ij the garage for me to enjoy on the next sunny day.

Had mine around 14 months now.

Don't regret selling my bike either