Length Of Ownership

hoppy504

I have noticed that a number of cars come up for sale after only 12-15 months ownership. This set me wondering what the average length of ownership is.

My first Westfield (11) was owned for 14 years, my current car ( 7 ) has been with me for 14 months.

What is the longest time of owenership?

john.

I had my first Westfield 19 years and 2 months, december 1992 till february 2012. Narrow lowline and still think its the prettiest model ever made.

I bought my 1989 Caterham 7 BDR in 1992 so it's 20 years. Can't remember the exact date other than it was springtime.

6 months! Even that's quick for me, usually about 9, just a car tart...

But if were talkin vans, that's different....

Dave

3 years with a bought car (yeah I know), but only done about 1,000 miles, so not bored of it yet.

1st Westy 1360 x flow 1998 to 2000

2nd Westy 2.0 litre 16v 2000 to 2004

SEiGHT 2004 currently still own it and is going up for sale next weekend and I have been to the follow places in it

USA

France

Germany

Austria

Belgium

Scotland

Ireland

Wales

and has been reliable as chuff

Buzz

2 years in a CVH engined westy 97 to 99

2 years in an mx5 10th anniversary 99 to 01

10 years biking, 90,000 miles, 90 days on tracks, spa, zandvoort, nurburgring, usual uk tracks etc

600's, 1000's, 4's, vtwins, 1 crash on coolant at nurburgring - ouch

Factory 2 litre zetec Nov 11 >

Been a few issues, considered selling it a few times, will keep it for at least a couple of years now...

Main issue for me this year has been weather, not prepared to commit to events given I don't want to get wet, work commitments etc

Must do some shows and track days next year, else it's an expensive toy to transport me into North Yorkshire for cappuccino, bacon buttes and ice creams

Winter beer sessions may ponder :

Supercharger

Radtec radiator

Get a bike SP2 or 1198 duke

Bob

Kit No1 purchased 1987 registered 1988 sold in Jan 2011 = 24 years - that'll push up your averages :d

Kit No 2 Purchased in 1996 registered 1997 = 16 years and counting :d

4 years and counting..... longest ive ever kept a car for!