Hullavington Track Day 3 Sep 12

jonclancy

Doh!!! that'll teach me to scan and reply.

The track's excellent! No damage to the XI - but at that speed stones just bounce off, rather than penetrating gel-coat!

And you can get some instruction from the resident Racers if you're so inclined.

As Jon said, the track's as good as it gets on an airfield, as are Colerne & Keevil :yes:

Well designed layout, well run, great instructors

Don't listen to Jon, he only goes slowly on the straights! :laugh:

Can't tell if there's any stone damage to my car, it's too dirty :blush:

Can't see any stone damage on mine and although it's probably not swept, the track looked fairly clean to me. There is a noise limit of 100Db which is tested and strictly applied.

It's the only circuit i've done, so can't really compare, but as a complete novice I've found it's the perfect place to learn and only 4 miles from home. First time out I paid for a session with one of their instructors (only £25) which was fantastic value - learned so much just in that short time. Second time, we bought our own tame racing driver/instructor with us who was brilliant and started getting much quicker and therefore enjoying the days even more.

I'd recommend the circuit and the event team. Hope to see you there sometime.

Theres still places Mooch!

Only 4 miles away? Are you in Sherston as well?

The noise test worries me but I have a track day at Oulton Park next week so I'll get it tested then. If It's borderline, I live so close by I can simply go and collect my Renaultsport Clio instead. That's not my intention by the way, just the backup plan.

I'm sure the issue of stones/detritus on the track is no worse then someone having an off on a circuit anyway.

Only 4 miles away? Are you in Sherston as well?

I'm in Great Somerford. Not sure if I'm allowed another track day so close to the last one, but it would be nice!

Are you local by the way?

Yup - Hullavington Village

I have a noise meter if it helps, but seeing as you're being tested at Oulton, you'll know soon enough!

Two we sties that are very local then!

Thanks for the offer jonclancy - i'll find out if it's an issue on the 28th.