• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

To all Westies going to Le Mans

Manchester Mike

Le Mans is drawing ever nearer and I’m trying to get some idea of just how many Westfield’s are going. In particular I would like to know if any Westfield’s are staying at the Ecommoy campsite. One of the Manchester lads (Marcus) who is organising our trip, he’s keen to see if we can get an area cordoned off just for Westies.

It’s the numbers and dates for now, who are going, but if we can meet up on route, that will be a bonus.

Im going. ferry fri morning to calais, sun evening back. Theres:

Yellow westfield  :D

Green westfield  :D

Silver elise  :angry:

Boxster  :angry:

and an RV8  :0

Give us a toot if you see us, im sure well stop for a chat/play.

Martin

Look fellas -

Eccomoy is  a municipal site which has 60 spaces max although the chap who runs it is a very reasonable guy. Usually you get there, pitch your tent and then go to the hut and oay your money. For the Le Mans weekend there is usually sufficient space providing groups get friendy - that means tents grouped together where normally somebody holidaying would expect a unique pitch.

Don't get greedy - stay sensible and be prepared to pitch close and queue for the bogs. Those who have camped there 4-5 years or more have seen the camp get busier but be prepared to join in. There is no need to get areas roped off (yet ) but late comers have the northern slopes where the snoring and parties are less intense/extreme. Already the vets at Eccommoy are looking at moving on to quieter sites!

Don't forget - Westie owners ( and other se7ens drivers ) are expected to support the unofficial Westfield AGM diinner in Eccommy on Sunday night - including sh*gging the waitresses before going home.

It is mandatory that newcomers must provide the bacon sandwiches on Friday morning and hosting a free wine reception on Friday night to be allowed unmolested attendance at the  Eccomoy site.

Having suffered a recent clutch failure in my westie I am in two minds about roughing it and going in my MGF after 4 years of Westie pain - but then I might be daft !

Get there - pitch in a discrete way - join in with the flow of Rccommoy life which is quiet but slightly p******** all the time and you should get on fine.

I love it - I was a newbie once and now hope that Eccomoy doesn't get too busy but welcome - stay sensible and enjoy.

Regards

Bryan C - Nottingham

Westie CVH Sei - Long wings in BRG

Yep can't wait......

Ferry Thursday Dover/6am

Straight to Houx Annexx...

Beer and cars what fun...............

See you there......

Is any one leaving from Rosyth ferry terminal near Edinburgh?  There isnt much in the way of meets etc in Scotland so I would like to use this trip to meet up with some fellow owners.  I finished my Kit in September so this will be its first real outing.

I'm staying at Camping Blue, which I believe is fairly central, where is Eccomoy?  I would like to pop along if there is going to be a large Westy contingent

I'm staying at Camping Blue

Me too. You'll see a lime green Westfield parked up in the Lotus 7 Club reserved area. That'll be me..........

as featured on the front cover of a certain club magazine ...........  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  well at least until the software took over ..................  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  :blush:  ;)

They just wouldn't let it lie, would they  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :angry:  ;)

Hi, i'm new to alll this and have just brought a westy. My friend and i are doing the le mans trip this year.  How much is the campsite and where do i book it.  Cheaper the better.

Yep can't wait......

Ferry Thursday Dover/6am

Straight to Houx Annexx...

Beer and cars what fun...............

See you there......

be there at houx annex day b4  wednesday 7.00am  dover till monday 715pm return

are you in a westy mate? i am the w**k@r with the red one with 17" wheels last year.

see you down there

Yep 1st time down, camping terte rouge wherever that is!!

Chunnell weds back on Monday

cant wait :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D