Collected Kit

XTR2Turbo

Collected my XTR2 kit on Saturday.

I thought I had an oversized van but surprising how much space the body work takes up compared to a normal wide bodied car.

Arrived around 8:30 to be met by Jon. All loaded up (thanks to Ian), left a small gift with Holly and away in a little over an hour.

Pleased to see that Westfield now carry out lots more prep on the body work such as trimming around the roll bar, slots in the engine cover, light fittings etc which should help speed up the build and does away with one of the more tricky and time consuming jobs.

I had a quick chat with founder Chris Smith. He made clear that all the support I might need from the factory was just a call away which is comforting and thanked me for buying from Westfield.  One of the benefits of buying from a small family business.

Chassis now in the garage on stands and the body work safely stored in my brother's garage to leave me plenty of space.

A busy Winter ahead

David

Car%20In%20Garage%20on%20Stands%20(web%20Quality).jpg

Brand new kit to go with your brand new garage by the looks,i like to see a garage as clean as a operating room,very nice,and have a happy winter ahead  :D  :t-up:

Stepps will be along shortly with some carpet and flooring advice  :D  :devil:  :D  :)  :D

Sorry Mr. Steppenwolf  :D  :devil:  :p  But that is a mighty clean garage, you got competition there  :devil:  :D  :)

Amazing what a bit of plaster, plasterboard and magnolia paint can do. Oh and a bit of time a few years ago.

Mark - I put in skirting boards and coving but carpets was over the top even for me !!

David

Hi David,

well done on picking up your kit.  I remember being excited too a few months back :)

Don't know if bedford is going to be on next saturday :( only just got the engine back into the car tonight with Craig.

We have aeroquipped the scavenge pipes from the pump to the sump pan in an attempt to stop our nasty oil leak.  We got the motor back into the car and fired up about 1 hour ago - and - we still have a bl**** oil leak :(

Aeroquip stuff is really nice :D (see below)

aeroquippedsump.jpg

It appears the oil leaks are coming from the tear shaped connection plates on the bottom of the sump pump.  It seems that the allen bolts when correctly tightened dont stop the oil :(.  We placed new o-rings into each of these connectors and double checked everything - but with no luck.  I am beginning to wonder if the surfaces on the pump are completely flat.

We should have been trailering our car to get the geometry and corner weighting done tomorrow but thats on hold now.  One last try to fix things tomorrow night - and if we don't have any luck bedford is off.

The new dampers are now installed on the car and they are lovely (picture below) - compare to the old std coilover.  We just have to hope everything else gets sorted now.

nitroncoilover.jpg

Enjoy building m8

Stepps will be along shortly with some carpet and flooring advice  

To ensure that you still have sufficient funds for the curtains and subdued lighting, I suggest that only sufficient carpet to fit underneath the car itself is purchased - your comfort does not matter, the car comes first (see explanatory photograph attached). Make sure that you use the best quality underlay to protect any tools you may drop during construction - we certainly don't want to hear about scratched spanners ....

It is also nice to have one of your car's friends round from time to time to keep your car company after the build is completed:-

now_we_are_2.jpg

Ian

Hope you sort the leak.

Please let me know if you decide not to go.

Mike there are various options for adding turbos.  I will be going the holeshot route.

The new dampers are now installed on the car and they are lovely (picture below) - compare to the old std coilover.  We just have to hope everything else gets sorted now.

nitroncoilover.jpg

My word, are those original dampers ex army!?

Cheers,

Al

From the name i guess your XTR will have a turbo'd hayabusa engine, is that the same engine to be found in the insane suzuki B King??? b-king2.jpg

Are they actually going to build these or are they still trying to ascertain whether there’s enough people to buy them?  ???

Err i believe that the subject is open to debate!!

some people / sites say it will be made and others say its still not decided!!

As well as looking absolutley amazing it also doesnt have a key it uses a fingerprint scanner, it has a head up display, gps, 250bhp!!!! and is made of no plastic just carbon fibre aluminium and leather, so if it is made expect very limted amounts an very very high prices!!!!!

Still we can just wish..... :xmas:

Let’s hope it does go into a mass production status as currently tuning up a 180 'busa lump to that spec is a tad expensive.  If they bulk run them availability and better value will be on the cards.

Your right though, the cost of producing these will be high but hey it’s worth it!

Westy, think how absolutely ridiculously frighteningly fast this thing will be!!! me thinks it might be slightly quicker than a busa!! and that was hardly slow!! my neighbour cracked the double ton on one an it was standard apart from a race can!!!

:arse:  to MPV agusta's!!!

Hmmmm either you have lots of money to buy one of these (if made) rare as rockin horse s**t bikes in order to relieve it of its engine, or you are going to find someone who has got one and swap its engine for a standard one in the night!!

Not implying you would steal of course!!!!!! just a long term loan kinda thing!!!!!! you know where im going!!!

mike