Post Some Pics Of Your Westy

Lordbenny

Tom I'd be very interested to see what you do to your car. I was tempted with that one myself. What engine you fitting in?

Owdo

here are from left to right

Martin Basfords , Mine, Rob Isles and Paul Muldoons just packed up ready to come back from Le Mans Classic on the Bugatti short circuit

7086012e.jpg

here is mine and Pauls on the ferry

82c09fcb.jpg

and one of me on curborough circuit

fd088b61.jpg

got loads of pics from Le Mans calssic if you want a sample on here :p

Boney

Tom I'd be very interested to see what you do to your car. I was tempted with that one myself. What engine you fitting in?

Its another 893 blade engine thats going in, the last one shot the rod out the side of the engine :cry:

It still had the standard sump on it and suffered from oil surge. Andy has sourced me another 893 and fitted his baffled billet sump to it. He's also dyno jetted the carbs for me and supplied me with a self regulating fuel pump and pro8 fuel filter

Its another 893 blade engine thats going in, the last one shot the rod out the side of the engine :cry:

It still had the standard sump on it and suffered from oil surge. Andy has sourced me another 893 and fitted his baffled billet sump to it. He's also dyno jetted the carbs for me and supplied me with a self regulating fuel pump and pro8 fuel filter

What are the bike engined cars like to drive?

I use the car daily and obviously around town a lot. I'm guess clutch work is pretty tricky and delicate.

They're great fun to drive. High revving engine, lots and lots of noise, but i personally wouldn't want to drive it on a daily basis in and around town.

It's great on a blat or a track day with all the noise, but i find it deafening on a dual carriageway at 60/70mph.

I've not owned mine long enough to know what the longevity of the clutches are like but it is a lot more sensitive than any other car i've ever driven and imagine it wouldn't be great over time in town traffic

Cheers, confirmed what I heard on grape vine. The clutches are designed for hands, for on a bike, so I was going to have a cable clutch going to clutch lever off the bike mounted on a sequential gear lever... But not sure how difficult it would be to drive.

Not just the clutch though, it's the sequential dog box too. They might be great on track or a good b road blat, but a stop start traffic situation in a busy city centre or motorway, with unpredictable stops to wrong foot your gear choice could very quickly turn into your own personal hell.

Goodwood a few weeks ago in the pit lane.

First dry fully dry track day this year

Not just the clutch though, it's the sequential dog box too. They might be great on track or a good b road blat, but a stop start traffic situation in a busy city centre or motorway, with unpredictable stops to wrong foot your gear choice could very quickly turn into your own personal hell.

Way more hassle than it's worth. I had straight cut box on my mini (real one) and it destroyed driving pleasure due to being pain in the ass except track and flooring it.