Cadwell Park 20/03/03

Bananaman

Bob - its a long way and well worth it  ;)  ;)  ;)  Keep on going up to Knockhill after Cadwell another super circuit  :D  :D  ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• Westfieldman

• BobM

• steve wilson

Just happens to be a very looooooooooooooooooooong road.

They are both excellent tracks - do em.

Cadwell is the mutt's nuts  :cool:  :cool:  :D  :D  ;)

I spose I could stop over somewhere in the East Midlands overnight on the Thursday.

Yer quite welcome to stop chez Tommo mate, I'll be there.

P.S. How's the trailer?

Yer quite welcome to stop chez Tommo mate, I'll be there.

P.S. How's the trailer?

Wot, at chez Tommo or Cadwell? ;) That's very kind and if I get planning approval I might take you up.

The trailer's fine, had one trial run up the road with the car on it. First 'proper' use on Saturday - trackday at Llandow.

Did you find it had a bit of a shimmy at about 115? Only joking ...  :D  :devil:

Well done Bob, see ya there, carn't waite,just like being 7 waiting for :xmas: . I LOVE it. :D  :D  :D

Try not to spin off at the top of the gooseneck  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :durr:  It really does get the adrenalin flowing  :)  :D , all down your right leg  :D  :D  ;)

superb circuit  :cool:  :cool:  :D

Yet ask Peter C. just how fast you can go through the gooseneck flat in 4th in his SLR throtle jammed wide open and made it.

Paul.

Yet ask Peter C. just how fast you can go through the gooseneck flat in 4th in his SLR throtle jammed wide open and made it.

Not like me to diss Mr Carmichael (or Westfieldman for that matter) but remember PC's 'box is a 6 speeder, so it'll be more like flat in a gear between 2nd and 3rd, IIRC. Quck enough, mind you, but not as pant wetting as flat in 4th in a 5 speed type 9, which would be 6th in a 6 speeder (4th in a type 9 is 1:1, as is 6th in most c******m 6 speeders.......)

Blatman I am sure he will let you sit in on the next attempt and maybe go for 5th and the big engine scared yet?

The marshall was when it come towards him.

Paul.

As I said, I'm not dissing anyone, and I'm not going to get into a debate about who's quicker/faster/better, 'cos it ain't me. However, what I don't want is a keen Westfield owner trying to emulate PC by turning into the gooseneck flat in 4th. In a normal 5 speed 'box, with a 1:1 4th gear, he'll be going  faster (all things being equal) than PC, and will have a big accident.

4th in a c******m 6 speeder is a 1:32 gear, in a type 9, that would be third (1:37, according to the crib sheet I have here).............Flat in 4th in a type 9 (@7000rpm) would be around 121mph. 4th in a 6 speeder, (@8500rpm) is around 111mph. Calculations are based on a 230bhp engine, with a 3.9 diff, on 205-60-13 tyres. With an equal rev limit, the speed for 4th in the 5 speed 'box rises to 147mph.........so my advice would be not to try it..............

147mph.........so my advice would be not to try it..............

Thank Blatman, i will try to remember not to try it :durr:  :p  :D  :D  :D

It was on my list as well. :0  :arse:  :D  :D  :D

What about the hairpin ???

What about the hairpin

There is NO room, so approach with caution. Go in unsettled, and you won't be coming out...........Bear in mind that the approach to the hairpin (Hall Bends) is under some trees. It's normally cooler, and may stay moist (if it's damp/been raining) for longer than the rest of the circuit, so braking for the hairpin can be a challenge if you've gone in a bit hot (and there isn't much room for error in Hall Bends either). On a dry day, you should be OK for temps and dryness by the second session, when you need to re-evaluate the line/braking distances with a properly dry circuit.........

There is NO room, so approach with caution. Go in unsettled, and you won't be coming out...........Bear in mind that the approach to the hairpin (Hall Bends) is under some trees. It's normally cooler, and may stay moist (if it's damp/been raining) for longer than the rest of the circuit, so braking for the hairpin can be a challenge if you've gone in a bit hot (and there isn't much room for error in Hall Bends either). On a dry day, you should be OK for temps and dryness by the second session, when you need to re-evaluate the line/braking distances with a properly dry circuit.........

So not flat in 5th then. :p  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

Just watched a vid of Cadwell from the radical site, brought all thoughs fond memories flooding back. :love:  :love:  :love: