What A Night

Norman Verona

Another vote for Andy Murray. Best tennis I've seen anyone play for a long time. Maybe this will give him the confidence to take some grand slams. There's no doubt he has the talent, and he came across with a bit more personality as well. Bad luck in the doubles, but the Belarussians were number 1 seeds and they were taken to the wire.

I was looking into these internet tv services recently for a friend who spends some time in Turkey. I thought www.unblock-us.com looked the best of the crop but not had reports back yet on how they got on with it in practice, worked well when I tested it.

Blank & Kevin, I could go through our company server if I was that bothered. Rarely causes a real problem so haven't bothered.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Here you go Norman - the BBC commentators going crazy when Mo Farah wins Olympic gold - Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis and Michael Johnson.

http://youtu.be/KUOl7PgggZw

Loved Colin Jackson's comment, " What's his name" Referring to Usain Bolt last night (Sunday) Very funny.

interesting table here....

In the "Gold medals per million population" the two countries currently above us overall are 24th (USA) and 34th (China) whereas GB is 8th I think that puts it nicely into perpective :cool:

http://simon.forsyth.net/olympics.html

for total medals the gap is even bigger - GB = 13th, USA = 42nd and China = 56th :d

Thanks Peter, I was wondering about that. I'm not surprised to see Grenada up there, tiny population.

BBC this morning and they're discussing how our athletes haven't delivered the 8 medals they promised.

Now, there's a way to encourage people.

Yeah, you can 'hope' to get a medal but there's no way you can promise it!

Black Wednesday though (no medals at all) after Super Saturday and Sunday.... we're still guaranteed another 5 (2 silver and 3 bronze) and maybe a few more, my sister is getting nervous about the closing ceremony now as no more rehearsals... doubt I'll be able to spot her amongst a couple of thousand performers but you never know :)

Apparently the governing body for UK sports asked each group (cyclists, athletes, equestrian etc) how many medals they expected to get. The athletes gave their hopes but may fall short. The report suggested they would be asked why they had failed.

FAILED!