Hiring A Westie

Bubba

I had placed my deposit on an SEI FW back in March but then got made redundant. However I have got a new job now and wanted to spend a day driving a westie to 100% ensure it's the right car for me. Does anyone know of anywhere that hires one on a daily basis?

test drive at the fectory would be easiest option

Perhaps do an Experiance Day as well?

You can do it with a " C" spanner on the spring seats...... Now where's me coat

Thanks guys, I am sure I am jinxed as I was supposed to test drive one from the factory when the silly fecker before me spun it and wrote it off!!! Ideally want a day with one so may have to opt for the experience day. Thanks for your help guys

Get along to your local meet, i'm sure one of the local members would be happy to take you out for a passenger ride round the block or further.

http://www.wscc.co.uk/local.htm

Depending on where in the country you are there was a member on here who was doing car hire in Snowdonia (sorry i Can't remember who) there's also openroad hire in scotland who do caterham hire and caterham themselves that will hire you a car for a day.

For Driving a Westfield i can thoroughly recommend the Westfield drift experience days :cool: to really put a smile on your face

Hi, Like Smokey mow says there is a husband {simon} and wife in colwyn bay ,north wales, funtodrive.co.uk 01492 534532 hope that helps, They have a 2l zetec pulling 170bhp for hire

I was in the same position as you 3 years ago. I'd never driven a 7 type car but had been a passenger and wanted to drive one for a full day to see if I could justify buying one. I couldn't hire a Westy but did hire a Caterham for the day from Open Road hire in Scotland (they have moved now, up near Aberdeen or Inverness I think) and absolutely loved it.. Then had a test drive in the Westfield factory demo car and decided i didn't want a Westy, I NEEDED one! and placed the deposit for a kit the next day.

A word of advice, resistance is futile, once you drive one of these cars, you WILL want one

I agree with most of the above - there are a few however who buy but then realise it is not quite for them or find out after owning the car for a bit their requirements from the car change :blush: and start on the upgrade path

So an experience day sounds like a good idea - at least if it rains and you still come away wanting one you properly know you are hooked :cool:

Plus 1 for the experience day...

Definitely money well spent for me!

I found the factory very disappointing, having gone there to buy a factory built new one. I wanted a Duratec with an FW back, and a V8 front, a fair request in my opinion.

They also said I was too tall in get in a SEIW of any sort, and would need a Sport Turbo. Consequently I bought nothing, and then went out looking for a used car, with a head full of untrue facts.

I now know exactly what I need, just haven't found the exact one I want, but it'll happen.

There is far more knowledge and honesty on this forum than there is at the factory. IMO

I promised our eldest a Westfield experience day as a present when he passes his driving test, so I guess I'd best do one as well ;)

Edited by 80BSY

A bad experience no-doubt; have you ever taken this up with them?

There really didn't seem to be a lot of point, if I'm honest, I fully believed I couldn't get in an SEIW. They had one there I tried to get in it, and couldn't. I didn't want the Sport Turbo, as I don't like Vauxhall, I know Red Tops are proven to be brilliant, but the Sport Turbo isn't that. (this is is a personal opinion/choice) and they wouldn't put me a Duratec in that model.

At Stoneleigh this year, I saw the S2000 one, and said that it was a shame I couldn't have that engine with the Sport Turbo chassis etc.

If any of you saw that car at Stoneleigh, you'll have noticed it had a drop floor and Sport Turbo seats, I got in it just fine, so I could have had exactly what I asked for in the first place.

I'm not really prepared to deal with Westfield now, especially after some of the right-ups of late, so I'm looking for something very specific, and I'm struggling to find it. Bit of a shame all round really.

Edited by 80BSY