Carbon Headlamp Bowls

User0083

I have found a really good carbon fibre guru! He's really open to suggestions on anything and I've helped perfect the design and, other than silicone gel to stop vibrations, they're direct replacements.

Chunkeycap232 is the eBay name and current advert is

Carbon-fibre-head-light-bowls-headlamps-headlights-carbonfibre-spot-light-

http://bit.ly/NA2qBF

His Email is

jockmcnicol@hotmail.com

I've done more than 4,000 miles with them fitted and not had an issue. I drive Birmingham - Plymouth, around Devon/Dorset/Cornwall, around Birmingham and on track days at Silverstone and Mallory Park. They've never lost position, cracked or come apart. They're bolted together at three fixing points. I'm more than pleased with them.

Item number

oh how I need a pair of those on my car!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

dear santa Ive been good! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Jeff,

I promise you that you'll not be disappointed, best part of my car! They look normal (stops them drawing attention) but then when you really look at them...

Shame the price has gone up from the ones on his feedback :( , the trouble is now you have those you will want the rest of the car with Carbon parts :cool:

• Like 1

Indeed, that's not gonna help sales.

Yes price has gone up, but these new ones are far better. The old ones had to be silkoflex'd, with the lamp contained and there were many other issues. The new ones are far stronger and reinforced everywhere. Other people, some staff from Westfield Factory, said about carbon bowls cracking, slipping or being glued together making bulbs impossible to change.

Yes, now my car is as much carbon as I can get!!! I've been looking for carbon wheels.

ye

Jeff,

I promise you that you'll not be disappointed, best part of my car! They look normal (stops them drawing attention) but then when you really look at them...

they look the part but at £250 Its more than I would spend on them .

ye

they look the part but at £250 Its more than I would spend on them .

I looked for months after seeing them and these were best value. Carbon mods do £250 each and their not made as well.

I feel like a salesman! I've had same issue with carbon cycle wings... All £250+ and that's more than I want to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

possible plans of a pair being sold at £175 to get the product out there and known, to a wscc member...

possible idea and i'll post here if it happens

• 2 weeks later...

These are very expensive for something that is only a cosmetic upgrade. I can appreciate the work and quality, but there is no functional benefit.

I enquired about some unfinished seconds he had listed, but the chap was bl**dy rude to be honest.

As I think I wrote on another thread about carbon advertised on here; that's the problem with real high quality carbon for Westfields, it's something a number of other companies have already found. It's a small, small number of owners of an already small niche market car that will pay the price it costs. Most of the companies I recall offering it have steadily reduced their ranges of Westfield parts, even the factory do very little now.

The biggest thing in his favour is probably that these aren't Westfield specific! A wide-ish range of Caterham parts still seem to be available from a number of suppliers, so perhaps that says more about which markets work better? Be worth trying as many of the sales avenues and other marques as possible?

As I think I wrote on another thread about carbon advertised on here; that's the problem with real high quality carbon for Westfields, it's something a number of other companies have already found. It's a small, small number of owners of an already small niche market car that will pay the price it costs. Most of the companies I recall offering it have steadily reduced their ranges of Westfield parts, even the factory do very little now.

The biggest thing in his favour is probably that these aren't Westfield specific! A wide-ish range of Caterham parts still seem to be available from a number of suppliers, so perhaps that says more about which markets work better? Be worth trying as many of the sales avenues and other marques as possible?

Thank you... passed info on.

Carbon exhaust is the way to go.

My list is carbon exhaust, stone guards, mirror covers. carbon look cycle wings, headlights, front indicators.

Car looks great with royal blue FW bodywork

Step away from the carbon..............................

Forgot my carbon look dash!

Some people are less well off than others............

Which is the reason i don't have an r500d

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.