Le Mans

windy

June 14th and 15th. Race starts at 16.00hrs sharp......

Get there Wednesday afternoon, and you'll have time for some local cuisine, some wine, and a nice peaceful sleep (the last one you'll get). You then have all day Thursday to get around the circuit to watch day (afternoon actually) and night time qualifying on Thursday. Then it's "Mad Friday". First up, it's the pit lane walk about. Then you, yes you, can drive quite a bit of the circuit (the public roads bit), including the Mulsanne straight, Mulsanne Corner (actually a roundabout when the road is open), and the run through Indianapolis to Arnage, and on to just before the Porsche curves. NOT to be missed...........Watch out for the gendarmes though. Speeding fines can be LARGE...........

Friday night is party night, with a nice lie in before the start of the race at 4pm Saturday.

Oh yeah, for an idea of how NOT to behave on Mad Friday have a look at this. The victim was with some fellow Westfield owners from Notts area........

In all fairness the gendarmes are OK, there was football on last year *I think it may have been england?*

And people were doing burn outs and the gendarmes where there to keep things safe and the crowd back.

(Letting the clutch up on a 300BHP scooby at 6500RPM will not spin the wheels in the dry, trust me I tryed quite a few time.)

Jan,

Not booked the crossing yet cos I'm waiting to see who else is coming in cars. At the moment we have 5 bikers, 2 cars. Plans are early crossing Thursday 7 am ish, return Monday 6 pm ish. Camping at Eccomoy.

Send me your email details and I'll keep you in the loop.

Graham

(Letting the clutch up on a 300BHP scooby at 6500RPM will not spin the wheels in the dry, trust me I tryed quite a few time.)

The crowds can get very abusive if they stop you and you can't make your wheels spin  :angry:

I didn't think yobbo behaviour existed at LeMans until then. Maybe it was the football

The crowd have been "abusing" anyone who doesn't spin the wheels for years.......fortunately, it's all good natured. It can be quite intimidating, but I have never seen any trouble. There was football on, but we were all there for the racing, not football.........

• 2 weeks later...

TVR are now doing the race, run by Hugh Chamberlain. I read it in Motorsport News.

Driven by Richard Stanton  :D  :D  ;)  :devil:  :D

Can't make it this year  :(  :(  :)  Toooooooo busy with Curb - but will be taking a week off after to get up to Jockhill  :cool:  :cool:  :D