Blyton Park Sprint

Terry Everall

Noth the sharpest picture ever, but here's Wotbox aiming for the timing gear at the finish line... and missing...

7640177646_a4e81bd49c_c.jpg

Hmm glad I didnt question the wheel being over the line now I see that :)

What a really good 3 days of motorsport, banter and beer(intermittent :) ).

I thought the organisation was pretty much faultless.

And ... Julie and helpers raised £140 towards the club charity.... :yes:

Garry

Garry - have you seen Bob Green's post above?

Thanks John...I had missed that...

I will bore everyone to death now that I have found how to post images. In fact Yvonne thinks I can now put a glass eye to sleep!

7644209646_5f40b0a4b3_c.jpg

Never seen images of this man wearing clothes. Kinda spooky, I thought!

7644216080_22d52dd581_c.jpg

Hmm glad I didnt question the wheel being over the line now I see that :)

The Marshall who was watching was called a "Judge of Fact" and you aren't allowed to challenge there decision :p :p :o We did ask them to err on the competitors side if they were uncertain :d :d

Next year I would like to try and get Richard to change the track so that a Judge is not needed, so any ideas on that gratefully received.

Next year I would like to try and get Richard to change the track so that a Judge is not needed, so any ideas on that gratefully received.

I'd love to see them put kerbs on the apex's... not huge things, but just something to aim for. Pretty sure I've seen it stated somewhere that this isn't going to happen though. :(

Some breakable plastic "posts" to define the "S" bends, and other parts of the track, similar to what's in use at other circuits, would be nice too.

And finally a bl**dy big roof for the wscc trackday, cos it's gonna be wet! :)

I'd love to see them put kerbs on the apex's... not huge things, but just something to aim for. Pretty sure I've seen it stated somewhere that this isn't going to happen though. :(

Some breakable plastic "posts" to define the "S" bends, and other parts of the track, similar to what's in use at other circuits, would be nice too.

And finally a bl**dy big roof for the wscc trackday, cos it's gonna be wet! :)

Some good ideas there Andrew.

If it rains next year on the 12th July when it is booked, then I give up, 3 in a row would be to much.

A marshalls post inside the last bend would also be a bl**dy good idea. Whilst watching on the banking, if an incident occurred after the last bend as did with The Duck, the previous marshalls post couldnt see it and no red flags came out to warn the approaching car with a car starnded mid track. This also happened a couple of times with other incidents such as cones in mid track and the apex bale being dislodgded

And oh yeah - get rid of the bales! :cry:

Whilst I agree that the track itself is not well defined it may be a problem if kerbs are installed as several parts require that you cross the white lines to make good speed and get the correct flow/lines through the second half of the track. It would be fine to do from last bend to the finish as you can't cross the lines anyway. I think just clearer red/white inner cones /flapper posts actually at the apexes would work ( where the blue cones were!) If the course is changed then the target times are not valid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run the sprint in the clockwise direction (I know times could not be carried over as next year's targets). Out of the pit lane start and a sharp left (like Hethel used to be). Then the ditch on the outside of the corner does not come into play - no judge required as can keep the 2 wheels off rule for the whole circuit. The finish would be on a wide straight with plenty of time to slow down before returning down the pit lane and the timing gear would be safe on a straight. Simple :d;)

Run the sprint in the clockwise direction (I know times could not be carried over as next year's targets). Out of the pit lane start and a sharp left (like Hethel used to be). Then the ditch on the outside of the corner does not come into play - no judge required as can keep the 2 wheels off rule for the whole circuit. The finish would be on a wide straight with plenty of time to slow down before returning down the pit lane and the timing gear would be safe on a straight. Simple :d;)

Interesting thought !!