Blyton Park Sprint

Terry Everall

Very pleased that you all enjoyed the event, a lot of hard work organising it before, starting last September when I suggested to the Speed Series Team that we did the event and everyone agreed. With it being a new sprint venue there was a lot of checking to make sure everything was OK.

As has already been said Richard Usher has created a great track, which is real fun, whilst still being challenging. Judging by the “offs” on Sunday, maybe not as easy to learn as everyone thought.

I have had a lot of very positive e-mails from competitors from other clubs about how well run it was and a lot of credit has to go to the Marshall’s under Mike Shorley, Harewood Chief Marshall. But also our excellent start line crew of Ian Morrison, Richard Kerr and Luke Algar, who worked as a great team to get 873 starts over the weekend, which really is going some.

But also a big thank you to Alan Smith , Clerk of the Course who worked with us to help make the event what it was. His partner Karen and Jane Loudon and Jane Algar were the results team that made it all happen and got you the results in time.

Lots of little improvements we can make, but at the moment too tired to write them all down. But I did complement the Burger bar family on their great work and also asked her to consider doing the Saturday evening meal (she had turned it down for this year)

Not forgetting of course all the Paddock Marshall's who did a great job in what ended up as a very full paddock.

Also all the WSCC guys who were out on course Marsalling as well.

Big thanks to all of you.

Well guys I can only say my son Matt and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, we came to marshall not really knowing what to expect as we hadn't been to a sprint before.

Unforntunately (for my wife) I've got the bug, what a fantastic way to enjoy your motor, everyone was so friendly and keen to tell you about their steed, giving an insight into how they got started and advice on setting up the car.

Wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived Friday to find most of the camping area under water but eventually we found somewhere to pitch up. Thankfully the rain ceased and the weekend just got better and better, we'll definitely be visiting more of these events and hopefully competing, (can't let you lot have all the fun)!

Thanks to Nick, Mike Shorley, and everyone else involved, its the mutual respect and enthusiasm that we all share for the sport we all love that made the weekend one of the best I've had in a long while!

Well done all, Rich.

• Like 1

It was good to chat with you Tricky and as discussed call me whenever you want and pop in to see my car.

The bug is very addictive and Blyton was excellent example of the Westfield guys banter/p*** taking/help etc in the paddock as well as some very quick driving.

Hope we see you out competing soon

My first tentative laps on the Friday.

I took some images on the Saturday. If anyone requires a copy of themselves maybe on or off the track, drop me a mail at rob.yvonne@tiscali.co.uk with your competitors/registration number and I will see if I have an image and forward it/them to you. Please note the files size is quite large so there may be an issue with your Inbox accepting it.

Please be aware I may not be able to do it straight away so I will ask you be a little patient.

A sample below but they may not be all like this. :d :d :d :d

To Garry Bunn, please give me a ring on 07766 072374.

7638061792_5a5bd76b1f_z.jpg

Superb weekend.... All has been said in respect of those who made it all possible...... You know who you are!

One of my vids..... still much to learn, but wow, what an awesome place

Timblejim

Brilliant clear video Tim showing exactly what its like to drive a blade car

Brilliant clear video Tim showing exactly what its like to drive a blade car

Thanks Tel, Maybe we should keep it a secret given the fun it gives us....... ps you make me work far too hard at these events!!!!

Superb weekend.... All has been said in respect of those who made it all possible...... You know who you are!

One of my vids..... still much to learn, but wow, what an awesome place

Timblejim

Awesome mate, kin awesome :t-up:

Tim, Awesome drive, but that can;t have been you, what's happened to all the sideways action :d:p:d

Tim, Awesome drive, but that can;t have been you, what's happened to all the sideways action :d:p:d

I told him he needed to be smoother when he went to slicks :laugh::p

Even though he's not sideways he still comes back shaking cos he's on the ragged edge! :laugh:

Only 0.6secs difference between us this time on Sunday. We like it close and competetive and big buzzi revs

Fantastic weekend,

Brilliant track and very well organised event. Big thanks to all involved.

A special thank you to John who saved my bacon on Friday, welding up my exhaust after a slight off in the rain and returning better than new first thing Saturday!

Will definatly be returning next year,

Chris

Noth the sharpest picture ever, but here's Wotbox aiming for the timing gear at the finish line... and missing...

7640177646_a4e81bd49c_c.jpg