CHILTERN SEVENS CLUB MEETING

will maskell

Hi eveyone,

Just a quick reminder that the very first chiltern sevens club meeting will take place on thursday 13th of february,so check the links page for directions & any other info :t-up:

remember anybodys welcome,you don't have to own a westfield!! sylva strikers/cat3rham/dax/but have to draw the line at robin hoods(only jokeing :D )or am i :0

track days/nurburgring trip to mention but a couple of things already in the pipeline :t-up:

see ya there ;)  :D  :D

Date clashes with the Herts, Beds & Bucks meet! I assume you meet in the Chilterns near Ivinghoe / Tring area?

Perhaps you might want to change the date to another day?

Graham

So an hours drive away, unless you live somewhere equidistant from both meets.............

Having it on the same day does limit potential attendance.................the organisers should show some common sense.............

The meet has been arranged to meet the needs of a group of people who showed an interest in forming a new club for all makes of LSIS's not just Westfield owners. The day was chosen purely on the fact of when people could attend, with out affecting their attendance at other club meets including Westfield ones. I for one will still travel approx 40 miles (ea way) to Chelt & Glos meet on the last Thursday of each month.

Also it is hoped that Chiltern 7's will organise trips to other meets even on their meet night instead of just sitting in the pub wondering what to do.

I can vouch for mark & steve who have traveled from oxford to the chelt/glos meet & have attended more meets than most of the locals!!and credit to them as they will still travel to this years meetings :t-up:  :t-up:

blatman was there really any need/or call for the common sense bit ???

like mark said this is a club for lsis owners who basically want to meet up for a blat as opposed to sitting in the pub!!I'm sure we'll meet up with the herts/beds & bucks(as long as they will have us)and whats to say on those long hot summer evenings they may fancy a blat over to us!!they are more than welcome.

You are always very welcome to come along to the Herts, Beds & Bucks meetings. 2nd Thurday of the Month, Old Green Man, Little Brickhill. 8.30 pm. Next meeting on the 13th.

Regards

Graham

Thanks for that Windy. We will see how first few meets go then when it is nice and dry we shall try and bring some cars over to see you. The invite is open the other way as well.

the organisers should show some common sense.............

That's my opinion, and I'm both entitled to it, and entitled to air it. Wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if everybody stayed schtum..............  

The fact is that the meet clashes with a nearby meeting of a group of people (Westfield owners) that you are presumably hoping to attract. IMO, you are potentially limiting your attendances. I find it curious that this is something which you either didn't think about, or aren't bothered about now that it has been brought to your attention.  

Disclaimer. This is not a rant, just a discussion, OK............

So who knows about this meeting apart from Westfield drivers.

Who's going?  Just wandering what the interest has been so far.  :D

Club has been mentioned in local press and hopefully is going to be mentioned on local TV & Radio. Also appeared in Jan 2003 Which Kit.We have had a fair few calls about the club from not just Westfield owners. We shall wait and see calls are one thing but attendance is another.

Also web site has links on several other sites and has been registerd with several search engines.

At the end of the day we are just trying to fill a hole that we felt needed filling in the Oxford area. :D