• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• s2rrr

• SteveD

• Norman Verona

• Captain Colonial

Good result. Federer was awesome though.

Bob :yes:

its a girls game

Before I read the last post I had predicted "gayers" good to see the humour hasn't been F**ked up by the last weeks shenanagins. Well done Steve.

Bob :d

Hope Federer destroys him in the final. Nice that a Brit is in the final but I can't stand Murray due to his on/off court attitude and his past comments.

That's a shame. He made some ill judged comments when he was a fair bit younger (still a teenager?) having just had massive pressure dropped on his shoulders. Even he admits to being slightly less than personable at times during tournents, but the guy stood there signing stuff for the kids for 5 minutes or so after a 3 hour game when no doubt he wanted to do anything but. He comes across really well outside of that Wimbledon bubble IMO.

I fear the pressure of the occasion and the skill of Federer will be too much on Sunday, but hopefully he will rise to the occasion.

I agree that Federer will probably win, and in straight sets.

But you never know.....

He did better than I thought he would today. Mainly because it looked like Tsongo didn't start playing until the third set.

Ah, the Brit public don't disappoint, do they? "Well done, but you're doomed, we're ready to be disappointed by you and then you can be Scottish again". Around every silver lining, there's a dark cloud... :(

Nice to see no negativity in people's views :laugh:

• Like 1

Ah, the Brit public don't disappoint, do they? "Well done, but you're doomed, we're ready to be disappointed by you and then you can be Scottish again". Around every silver lining, there's a dark cloud... :(

fpmsl

Ok he was young and we all say stupid stuff which we regret, I could forgive him for that if he shown a different attitude but he hasn't. A very good friend of mine was a ball boy at the Nottingham Open the last time Murray was there, and he said on multiple occasions Murray would swear directly at him, throw the towel at him (not in the usual way you see) etc. He therefore lost all respect for him :/ The interview he gave after that match was pathetic, he may as well of said "I don't want to talk to you, leave me alone!"

Scott, I think we're being realistic. I hope he wins, will bring a bit of sunshine to this miserable summer. But looking at both players yesterday who would you put a fiver on?

Federa I'm afraid to admit, I will still be willing the lad on though, good to see another "Brit" do well ish. Wonder where he stands on Scottish independance.

Bob :love:

If he's from Edinburgh he's probably against. If he's from Aberdeen or Inverness he's probably for.