• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Pheonix Inn- New Years Day Hartley Wintney

Warren E Smith

New Years day sees the Pheonix Inn doing its normal on New years day - i.e.get invaded by Shed loads of Vintage cars including Bugattis BMW, Wolseys,Austins, Rollers plus also exoticars e,g, Vipers, Alfa "Il Monstro" (cant remember its proper name) etc.

Make an effort to bring the Westie by about 1100 and you'll get into the car park - else you'll beon the road.

Hot soup/chips/hotdogs help warm the frozen feet.

I'll be there with my Westie. Lets see if we can beat the resident caterhum battalion who meet there twice a month in our numbers......

This event has got bigger every year for the last 5 years I've been going.  BETHERE!

I'll be there but the weather looks a bit dodgy doesn't it? I had to bail out my westie yesterday (literally) so i'll be in my  grunge car if it's really bad and I cant find the leak(s).

Well, battery's in (Yuasa NPC 17-12), and it works. However, the weather forecast looks like it'll be a good day to stay home and drink, so unless tomorrow dawns with some blue sky, I'll be staying home.

I had to bail out my westie yesterday

If you haven't already, drill a hole in each corner of the floor, ie wherever there's a right angle, including under the seats. No more bath tub....... :0

Would have liked to have come along....

but Reading are at home to Leicester.

Maybe 2004????

See you at the Old Devil on 12th January.

A few of us will be going to Autosport at NEC on 11th January if anyone is interested?  :D  :D

followed by an authentic curry in Brummy town

followed by an authentic curry in Brummy town

If you're heading for Small Heath or Handsworth - go in a large group and careful where you park your car  ;)  :)  Some excellent Curry Houses though  ;)

Some decent ones on the Pershore & Stratford Roads and if you head over to the Black Country - Lye offers a wiiiiiiiiiiiide choice  ;)  ;)

Then choose a motorway with plenty of facilities for the journey home  :devil:  :blush:  :blush:  :devil:  :D

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Curry  :love:  :cool:  :D  :blush:  and proper beer  ;)

Well, battery's in (Yuasa NPC 17-12), and it works.

Thanks for the detailed information, but you missed a bit....what colour is it?

PS - Piddling down here too, so Pheonix being given a miss today.

Can anyone confirm that the Stoneleigh show is on 4th & 5th May 2003, if so...Bummer I can't go!

Yep Stoneleigh is 4th-5th May  :0

What do you have planned instead (if you don't mid me being nosey)  ???

If you're heading for Small Heath or Handsworth - go in a large group and careful where you park your car      Some excellent Curry Houses though  

Mark, thanks for the advise - a bit of a Connoisseur I see in the curry dept.

Not sure where we are going yet - been there before but can't remember - was a bit dodgy though.  Neil Hatton has the details. Managed to park the car opposite restaurant with carefully adjusted seating arrangement to keep an eye on it.  :D  :D

Superb curry - naans the size of a dustbin lid (and that was just the medium)  :0

Managed to make it to the Phoenix (car is in the garage with fan heater on drying out) there was a good turn out considering the weather and a very wide variety of machinery.

Kevin

Yep Stoneleigh is 4th-5th May  :0

What do you have planned instead (if you don't mid me being nosey)  ???

Rugby tour in Somerset.

And the hairs on her .........................

At least with Kevin Wood & myself there (till I got too wet to carry on...) we had the same turn out as the c******m boys!

I'll scrub the mud and stuff off tonight ......

TA!

thinking about that curry though..

I've Got to remember though - its Lagondas in the garage out front not bugattis' , Lagondas (oops).  and this year they didn't turn the lights on in the garage and open the doors up like normal. Swines! - Probably worried about the water getting in...

Warren

Yay i made it there! 2 hours the night before with silicone gun made NO DIFFERENCE so had to go all day with wet bum and legs. Actually took the top down on the way home (bad move).