DONINGTON THIS SUNDAY 29TH

cashy

Did less than two laps in the first group out (yellow C thingy no hood on) could not see anything! Went to museum and came back to mayhem so went home. Friend counted almost fifty cars out at one time, seemed too many in the dry let alone the wet.

terry

almost fifty cars out at one time,

Surely not  :(  :durr:  that would probably exceed the licence limit and contravene H&S  :(  If there's that many out there at once then it would surely nullify most liability insurance matters in the event of an "incident"  :(  :(  :(  :durr:  :blush:

Mark Stanton

I did not count them personally, but quite a few people reckoned there was too many out at once. Some overtaking in bends, some people not letting others pass and people going off causing a lot of red flags. The worst thing for me, reason I went home, was 7 cars driving 2 to 3 car lengths away from each other down the pit straight into the first corner. Maybe this is normal, as I have limited track experience, but this was in the rain with standing water on the breaking zone (for some) into the first corner! Once I witnessed that on a regular basis I thought that it was not worth risking damaged to my car, or worst still allow myself to be put under pressure and cause someone else to have an accident aswell. I went there to have fun but this was getting scary just watching, I have been out with much quicker cars but people stuck to the over-taking rules, so being caught and passed was not a problem.

terry

p.s. one thing I learned is, if you want to see in the rain on track get an aeroscreen. Rain on the outside combined with the inside plus the visor does not help matters. :0

Wow - that just ain't cricket  :(  Everyone is there just for the fun - it ain't a race - and 40 on track at one time in those conditions still ain't good  :(

Just checked my Autosport circuit guide and the grid sizes are as follows:

National = 30 to 32 cars

GP = 32 to 34 cars

Use Rain X on both inside and outside of screen - works very well  ;)

I agree, i also counted 40 cars at once, the start/finish straight looked more like the m6 at one point.

I saw 4 cars side by side trying to enter the bend at the end of the start staright!!!!

Mark Stanton

Rain-X is a good idea and I would have got some but picked up the anti-fog by mistake(can't use on plastic anymore so no good anyway) went back to change it but last Rain-X sold!

terry