• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

DONINGTON THIS SUNDAY 29TH

cashy

Its one of the cheaper winter track days that donnington themselves are organising.  I was going to book up a month ago but was told i dint need to as it was turn up on the day.

I have tried toget in touch with Jane who is one of the organisers but she is still away for xmas, i believe briefing is at 8/830am.

Costs are 75 pounds for a full day.

Noise limit is 98db drive by, on the pit wall!!!!!

http://www.donington.co.uk/home.htm

:) Yes i know, i rang them a month ago and they said it would be 75 even though i didnt book in advance, she was quite adamant i didnt need to book up for the 29th.

They also, if you ask nicely, let you pay for just an afternoons session for say 25/40 pounds......

Im going to see what the weathers like before i decide whether to pay for a full days action.

:cool:

me & catflap went the last one, paid £50 for the afternoon so that we could both drive!!!

it would of only been £35 if i was driving only, bargain!!

just turn up pay & play.

some of the others off scoobynet paid £20 for the last couple of hours!!!

tezza,  you still have to have a briefing, if anything its better in the afternoon cause most people have packed up for the day.

i bet there was only about 5 cars with me for the last 1.5 hours when i was there.

maddest time is like straight after lunch, cause everyones itching  to get on.

if a few of you go, could i perhaps scrounge a ride as my westy wont be there, she's ill at the mo.

Dodge you could come for a spin with me but i still only have one seat,so a bit difficult........

Im desperately searching for 2 more trailer straps and a tow car for sunday, dont fancy driving down in the wet again!!!!!

Have you spoken to the "CODE"

Any tips for donny!!!

Mine "scored" 100.8 at SVA (ahem !;)

Anybody have any clues where this would put me at the 98 db for the Donny pit wall test ?

Mine "scored" 100.8 at SVA (ahem !;)

Anybody have any clues where this would put me at the 98 db for the Donny pit wall test ?

This is a worry for me too - the primary reason I built my Megablade was for trackdays. Mine measured 100.9dB at SVA, and that was with a new silencer, it's likely to be worse by now! There's no way I'll get past the Castle Combe border guards with that!

Don't forget that sound decays at an exponential rate with distance - can't remember whether it's the square or the cube ... so I would guess that if you're 100.8 at 0.5m it'll be way lower than that at say 20m. You may also need to take induction noise into account though on the drive by.

Donny at 75 quid does sound attractive, but I don't think my car's ready for it yet - haven't had the geometry looked at yet and the engine's still settling in. And it's 180 miles away for me. And the forecast looks pretty desperate. And I haven't got a trailer...  :(

I was at Donington a couple of weeks ago in my Busa and got black-flagged for noise (102db drive by - limit is 98).

But this wasn't a problem - the marshalls were really friendly and just told me where the microphone was (at the start of the start/finish straight on the pitwall) and said to keep to the far side of the track and short shift on the straight.

No problems after that. Great circuit too, but bl**** slippy at this time of year.

What a day!!!  never stopped rainign all day so diodnt even bother taking  the car off the trailer....

Went out in my mates scooby instead, much drier....

There are a few more cheap track days at donnignton soon so fingers crossed for dry weather.

:D

Just found a leaflet for this, Donington Park - Winter Warmers, Trakzone Day.  Next dates are 19,26th Jan, 2,9,16th Feb. Contact Jane Johnson on 01332 819503.  I got on for £30 for the afternoon session without booking.  Had a lot of fun but I wouldn't bother if its wet...

which car were you in, i saw the stuart taylor bike engined car,and a yellow c******m with a hood...

or were you in the white/cream westy?

im going to see what the weathers like on the next few track days before i make a decision whether to go or not.