Lost My Spark, Found My Spark, And Now It Seems Ok.

Norman Verona

It may only be a car to you.

It's a bl00dy challenge for me.

I hate mystery. If I could find something wrong I'd be happy (me - happy - that's something new)

Look at it as a frustrating challenge, its only a bit of kit and the fix will be obvious once you have found it. Although finding it will be frustrating and time consuming, just be methodical - take your medicine - one large glass of red every evening and eventually you will get there.

Failing that Dignitas offer a reasonable service :d

Chin up and press on. Worse case next time you are over, trailer it to Northampton Motorsport or similar illustrious establishment.

Bob :cry:

I'm going to remove the carbs again and do more checking. I've got a spark from the coil to the end of the spare HT lead, but haven't checked the HT lead on the car because it's cable tied to the chassis.

I've got the cap and rotor arm off and there seems to be nothing wrong. The two HT leads give the same reading on an ohmmeter so I don't think the one on the car is faulty.

We shall see.

Carbs off. HT lead from coil has a healthy spark. Distributor cap and arm look good and tested with ohmmeter.

Still no spark from plug lead.

The man at Ignition Parts says the rotor arm could be earthing down the shaft. I can't see how as I've tested it but he may be right. Will have to wait for new cap and arm.

Suicidal tendencies abating.

Good stuff Norman one step forward, award yourself a medium glass of medicine. Hows the back, any better today?.

Bob

Yes, it gets better every day thanks.

No medicine today, I had it last night. One day on, one off.

Moderation in all things is my motto, well almost.

Bob :d

That's me, moderately alcoholic.

New cap and rotor arm delivered today.

The carbon pencil in the cap protruded longer than the old one. However upon comparing it looked like the new one had a lower tower and therefore a longer pencil.

Fitted the rotor arm and tried it.

I FOUND MY SPARK :)

I then changed the cap over, might as well as it's new and I've paid for it.

Then refitted the carbs and it started first turn. Adjusted the balance and set mixtures. As soon as I know it's not going to rain I'll take it out and get it properly hot and reset the mixtures and balance.

Then, with phone in pocket, jump leads in boot I'll go for a long blat to see if I can regain some confidence.

Fingers and toes crossed then, good luck :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bob

Hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks chaps, I'm sure it'll be OK now.

Real mystery over the rotor. No sign of tracking and tested it with an ohmmeter and all OK. Must have been going straight down the centre to the distributor spindle.

Must finish the tiles first so will probably go out on Saturday.

The suspenders are killing me :p

Can't wait for an update.

Bob :d

Sounds like great news, at last :yes::t-up: ... hope all goes well with the run out tomorrow :d