Lost My Spark, Found My Spark, And Now It Seems Ok.

Norman Verona

Promise?

one little point from earlier, is carbon fibre not a good conductor that's why anglers were getting electrocuted all over the place.

Norman was taking heat though, not electrickery ;)

Having said that, carbon fibre composite panels take on some weird properties over that of the individual materials they're composed of.

Sure we had a thread recently where one of our materials experts was talking about it. I seem to remember something to the effect of in one direction, in this case from one side of the panel to another they make an excellent insulator. Whereas down the length of the panel, they conduct well. Not sure if it's as simplistic as the carbon cores acting as conductors and the resin acting like an insulator though.

Doh---- :(

Here we go, it on our Mr D's blingtastic airbox thread, plus a proper explanation :blush: from someone who knows what they're on about :oops:

linky

The amp and coil are bolted to the front of the pedal box. They're nowhere near the carbon panels. The wires are in a plastic sleeve and the wires from amp to distributor run along the chassis rail (including the HT)

I'm thinking of moving it all to the front, in front of the rad, in cool air.

Sitting in the sun reading a book.

Hear a car door shut and a man appears at the front (which is the back-if you see what I mean).

He has a parcel and needs a signature.

My ignition amp is back, posted yesterday in Basildon Essex. They've also sent the replaced part back.

Only problem I have now is to get HM to let me refit it. I'm supposed to be resting my back this week before going into battle with the tiles next week.

Can I have a miraculous cure?

Lynn's not that daft, Norman. She knows your curiosity is killing you. Go fit it and have a nice relaxing blat.

You tell her, It's not what she said when I suggested I go and fit it. You'll find her on facebum. Maybe you should all start a petition.

"Save the Ignition Amp one"

I'm not daft either, just ugly with a funny accent. Your fight mate - but I don't fancy your odds of winning. ???:)

Oh, I wouldn't say that.

Your accent is hardly noticeable.

I know I wont win, which Is why I'm not mentioning it again.

I'm not daft

:oops: Some may disagree :p But daft is good, I know, I've plenty of experience :blush:

Haven't we all.

Can you not make a Heat Sink to keep the Amplifier cool near it's normal mounting. I'm just thinking of longer wires, extra connectors, voltage drop, more exposed to the elements, adding to future problems if mounted right up the front. Have a click around the Classic Jaguar forums and see how they overcome the hot amp. problem.

You could always do the prep work and make a heat sink if that's possible to get everything ready. Then when your backs better get it fitted, :yes: but knowing you, you will send the boss off somewhere and end up with an aching :no: back leaning over your engine bay. :love: .

Can't say I would do any different, its your ears that will get blasted and I can't hear it from here.

Bet the package is willing you to open it up, fix me , fix me. Norman I'm over here please fix me says the "7"

Which ever way take it easyand don't do too much, or you will get a b*ll*cking from here as well.

Good luck, up date us tomorrow when its running :d:cry:

Old dogs new tricks.

Bob :p

The Jag problem seems to be fixed by someone rebuilding the early pcb's with better components.

I'm going to see if the unit with the coil will fit next to the headlamp bracket (inside compartment).

Will let you know what I do later.