• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Joint Track Day?

Bananaman

Hmmm...

I suppose I'd better say something here.

I have an option on Croft Circuit for SUNDAY July 20th 2003.

The cost would be around £6000 plus vat (£7050) for the full circuit, marshals medics etc, full use of the paddock facilities, the pitlane, some of the garages, kitchen etc and a big telly for watching the British Grand Prix... in fact they have got so used to my merry band that they basically give me the keys and let us get on with it.

This has come about from booking Monday July 21st for my other club (BMWCC) and them dangling the carrot to see if I would take the weekend as well. I have decided that the two day event is a bit ambitious for us and have decided not to take the Sunday, but as yet have not cancelled with the circuit.

...this is where you lot come in if you want a top trackday. We are talking open pitlane here, with a max of 60 cars each paying £120... cheap for this sort of circuit... even cheaper when you consider it is on a SUNDAY in the middle of the racing season!

...the downside is, that there would have to be some public liability insurance here because my BMWCC one wont cover it unless every driver subscribes to the BMWCC... (do we have it in the WSCC, Mark)

...If you are up for it I could book it (before Christmas), but thats it, the WSCC would have to stump up the deposit and pay the balance, not me!

...Just a thought..

Nick

Nick

This is where advance planning and communication comes into the viable planning strategy.

The WSCC already have a track day booked for Friday 18 July at Mallory Park, as posted here a few weeks back  :D  :)  ;)

We organised a Croft circuit day a few years back and lost an absolute shed-load of money on it - Its a good circuit but its location to attain a sufficient club turn-out is not so attractive  :(  :(

Yep we're probably gonna get the next 20 folks saying they live on its doorstep - but it ain't enough  :(  :(  :(  :(

>> See what I mean.........

Blatman - that's life, in order to afford to drive the Westie I have to work, hence you won't get an open commitment from me for a random day in the future.

But Croft sounds good and I live within an hour away.

Greg

and it'll only cost you £7050 for the day  ;)

Greg

I wasn't having a go, just pointing out that I'd made the point previously. You just turned up and proved it for me. I should have thanked you first, so that you wouldn't be offended. Sorry.

Without wanting to stir.... :devil:

We organised a Croft circuit day a few years back and lost an absolute shed-load of money on it - Its a good circuit but its location to attain a sufficient club turn-out is not so attractive

Haven't we now gone round in a complete circle?  Isn't that what he said in the first place - we could get a bigger venue if we joined forces with the blatchatters coz we couldn't do it on our own  :0  ???

Please don't.

I would rather you approached myself or another Committee member with a formal request, and a proposal for costs and expenditure.

Whilst the club might be in a position to support such a venture, we aren't in a position to lose money on it, so careful planning will be required.

Come to us with a cost analysis, and a couple of names of people who are prepared to undertake some of the arrangements, and we can move forward.

Trying to bully us by putting such suggestions into a public forum, and then pointing to the public support as a good enough reason to proceed, is doomed to fail.

I will now lock this thread, as further discussion is irrelevant until the Committee have more information, and a formal proposal from a club member.