Wanted Westfield Wide Body, Now Found

Yogibear

I'm looking for a Westfield wide body, not bike engine as reverse is a must,

All colours, yellow is best but will look at anything

Let me know if you have anything

Budget of around £6000 -6500 for the right car

You can get bike engine cars with electric reverse

Hi Yogibear, I'm quite new to Westfield ownership (bought mine just over a month ago), so there are many many more people out there with much more experience than I have. However, I'd say that you need to decide what your budget is, and also how you're planning to use the Westfield once you've bought it.

Budget is clearly important, but probably best to make sure you keep a little of it back for any 'incidentals' after purchase (or even the upgrades that you'll want to do).

However, equally important is how you're planning to use it... e.g. mainly road, or mainly track, or combination of both? Personally, I love the sound of a V8 and I'm more interested in that than a blisteringly quick lap-time around a track, hence my purchase of an SEight. Others love the scream of a bike engine (and I'm sure they offer other advantages too - speed, sequential 'box, etc).

Once you've decided which type of Westfield 'suits' you best (and don't be afraid to ask for advice on here too), then you'll be better placed to narrow down your search for the 'right' Westfield for you.

Enjoy your search, as that's all part of the fun too :t-up::d

Its a good time of year to be doing the research bit, 'cause weather aside, :down: this is when you'll get the best selection and variety of cars to look at, at the local meets.

Don't be afraid to dive right in there and ask! Most will be more than happy to take you out for a quick blast or just chat about their choice of car.

Don't be surprised at some passionate support for the different styles of car though! :laugh:

Just want to emphasise the 'going to a meet' tactic. There is no better place to find out what floats your boat and I'd be surprised if you can't have a ride out in any car you wish. And don't be in too much of a rush. There are many people who, to get their Westy where they want it, would do better to sell it and buy another rather than throw their money and time at the wrong car.

Rory's Dad

Thanks for all the replys and a couple of offers to visit local members, thanks :)

i will go to the local meet but will keep looking as its hard to wait when they look as good as they do :yes: and i just dont want to miss "the one"

Nice and clean underneath, but that fuel hose is looking very sorry for itself where it connect to the tank, once it's replaced I'd probably want to not quite crush it so much with the tie wraps either. An easily sorted job though.

Thanks for all your help

I have now found out that I must have a wide body as I don't fit in a narrow (don't know if the car is too small or I'm too big)

Budget of upto 6500 for the right car

Hope to hear from some one soon

Ps thanks to westie for letting me try yours for size, much appreciated

Just to let you all know I have bought my first westie.

Firstly thanks to you all for your help on the forum and my messages( I could not have done it without your help)

Well I don't get it for a few weeks so you will all have to wait like me but as soon as I get it I will put up some picks

Thanks again

Fraser

Well done! Like waiting for Chrimbo morning when you were a kid, now though!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.