• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Thruxton this Sunday

shaun

Anyone wishing to go to Thruxton can now pay on the day £10.

You will find the WSCC parked at the Hospitality site - a map can be found on the Thames Valley Website.

I now have a few extra vehicle paddock passes for those that need them.  :D  :D

Should be a great day out.  Weather forecast is 30°C and sunny all day  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Shaun

I like the wheather forecast :D  :D  :D  :D

What country is that for :0  :0  :0  :0

See you there in t-shirt and shorts

;)

David

I wish I could believe Shaun's forecast as well but unfortunately I think the met office one looks more realistic. You guys are obviously worried about your nice carpets getting wet but remember some of us have to drive round the circuit at very silly speeds. Please don't let it rain too much.

You guys are obviously worried about your nice carpets getting wet

I take great exception to the tone of your comment suggesting that we are a lot of 'Jessies' - I am not at all concerned about my carpets  - but I do hope that my fluffy dice stay dry all day .....

See you on Sunday and let's hope we all have a great day out .....

:0

I wish I could believe Shaun's forecast as well but unfortunately I think the met office one looks more realistic

Must have looked at the weather forecast in Kabul by mistake :0   oops!

Go Keith Go!! :0

some of us have to drive round the circuit at very silly speeds. Please don't let it rain too much.

At the speed you go Keith you should be driving between the spots :D

Last forecast I saw, was dull with a cool wind, but we may just avoid the rain :cool:

Any way it's only 16 miles to home - You can't get VERY wet in that distance ???

Unfortunately there was a fatal accident during the BMW qualifiying race early in the day so all but the Formula Renault and Modified Saloon Car races were cancelled for the day. The weather was atrocious and most people went home early.

My condolences to the family and friends of the driver who crashed.

Firstly, we all echo Steve's sentiments regarding the accident.

Secondly - Well done Shaun. Despite the appalling weather 15 Westfields gathered , soggily, in the paddock next to the Goodwood Bar.  Plus a few wimps in tin tops were spotted.  

Any way it's only 16 miles to home - You can't get VERY wet in that distance  

How wrong can you be.  ???

What a sad end to the Race Season.

Including Steppenwolf  

But then you are FAMOUS... nah! NOTORIOUS for not doing wet :D

Believe me if it had been raining when I set out I would have wimped out as well

My condolences to the drivers family aswell.

Makes only seeing 2 races pale into insignificance.

Besides, we got wet enough just watching those, and I still didn't dry out on the 70 mile journey back home in my brothers tin top (even with his seat warmer on  :blush: ).

Still the 2 races were entertaining, and I think I was the only person to see Shauns umbrella blow inside out shortly before he put it in the bin :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Cheers

David

Going back to Shaun's comment on Kabul weather. I can confirm that it is hot here - about 30'C with no rain clouds in sight for about the last 5 years. It is rather windy though, and the roads are perhaps less than ideal for Westies.

I'm sure the local kids would give you plenty of admiring glances though, but it could be a bit difficult getting around. The bicycles and taxis make it about 10 times worse than Egypt.

Still, hopefully the RAF will fly me home sometime this week (it was supposed to be Sat night but I'm still waiting.....)

See you soon

Dickie B

News update now on TV website.  Clickhere