Touring Isle of Man

hogman

Ta Mister Murray!

Yep to clarify - my mechanic is actually my father and not my partner!!! The rev-limiter has let me out for the week on the understanding she can go on a holiday riding horses - sounds like a good deal to me!!!

Hey Jon where was you at the weekend mate? Missed your nice big lump there - mean the V8 of course!!  :D  ;)

Cheers

Kevin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hogman

• Jon Murray

• Mark Stanton

• jamie

Decorating the 'kin kitchen...  Oh dear, life's priorities are getting messed up somewhere in this household!  :D

Count me in for the Isle of Man Kev.

Jon

PS, thought you was geting married round about last weekend?  ???   Don't tell me you dragged your new bride down to the Kingstown!  :D  :p

J

Shame you missed it mate, you gotta sort that woman of yours out Jon - I mean making you decorate over Westie-ing - now thats BAD!!  :devil:  :D  ;)

Will put yer name down Jon - might be interesting to see how my R1 power does against the V8 beast!!

Nah am getting married this weekend - 2pm Saturday - couldnt let something a small as a wedding get in the way of the Westie meet now could I!!!  :love:  ;)  :p  :D

Cheers

Kevin

R1 v's V8, hmmm...

Let's just say by next year, I should have about 280 bhp of John Eales motor, with a torque curve so flat it'll be like driving an auto!  Stick it into drive (5th) and leave it there all day! But there's a real sting in the tail when you need it!

I think your hands will wear out with all that shifting to keep your bike engine "on cam"  :D  :p   :0

Good luck with the wedding mate, I think we all know what'll be doing 14,000 rpm on Saturday night  :D;)  :blush:

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

R1 vs V8 - will be fun!

But if you are power hiking upto 280bhp then I aint got much chance!!!  :0  ???  I will have to beat Roger instead!!  :0  :p  ;)

Wedding went really well ta Jon!

Hope you can make it tomorrow for the meet!

Cheers

Kevin

You know me, I'm into relaxed cruising as well as the odd blat (or three) so I like my nice comfy seats, carpets, underslung exhausts, spare wheel, windscreen, etc... unfortunately this lot adds up to a 750 kg car, so I'm going to need all the power I can get to keep up with your stripped out R1 beast!

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting on Saturday, we went away for a (late booked) weeks holiday and have just got back.

Hope to see you on the first Saturday of November, which incidentally is also a Bookatrack day at Elvington!  Fancy it?

Jon

Looks like we may have a challenge on then!!

Also Roger is coming in his V8 aswell - now I can race both of yer!!!  :0  :D  ;)

Shame you missed the Sat meet, was quite a good un!

Yeah might be worth holding the next meeting at Elvington then? I will contact everyone and ask what they think!

Cheers

Kevin