"narrow" Bonnet Required Please....

alexander72

Hi there - having had body re-sprayed after moped incident I now need a bonnet to match the new finish on the repaired rear end..... cheers.... james

no replies - i think I will make one out of wood..... :-)

You can still get a new one from the factory, you know!

True.

From the pics in a previous post I think James has a highline but it's best to have a measure of it's heght at the leading edge and compare against the dimensions in this post to make sure :t-up:

I've always liked that thread. :)

There's plenty more like that one still to come :d

Great comments - cheers, My car is a weird beast, evolved (not built) in a garage under the supervision of one Martin Parkes. It has the original bonnet that has two strips of wood (like balsa) on each side of the bonnet to elevate the profile to accommodate the 1700 x-flow.

These wooden battens are held in place with red tape and really look the business but i would like to renew the bonnet as ive just had a free spray job courtesy of Stevie Wonder on a Moped at Litchborough cross roads on the A5.

The mopediste made an interesting addition to rear end stability as he landed on my lap having smacked the rear end. His bike then clipped the bonnet on the way over.... wish i'd filmed it....... sorry i'm rambling now - snow blindness from whitewashing my garage in readiness for her return.

I'd just like a one piece bonnet I can paint up, cut vents in, stick stickers on and polish when i've had enough of the teenagers that i live with....

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.