Bmw 530D M Sport - What Ya Reckon Peeps

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Cars that have been remapped now flag up on the BMW diagnostic equipment, which is connected directly to BMW UK. The dealers then have to contact BMW before they can proceed with any warranty work. Just so you know.

good heads up - thanks :t-up:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• s2rrr

• Norman Verona

I had my 335d remapped when it was 3 months old, I cant tell you how much better it was to drive and no worse on fuel,from 285 to 358bhp, It went into the main dealer twice for warranty work, , first time was fine but second time bmw connected it for software updates for the sat nav, when I picked it up it was a flat as a pancake, they had reset the map to standard, quick call to my man and got it done again foc :t-up: :t-up: I had my next bmw mapped the same and it went in for warranty work, I got the standard map installed before I took it in and put back in once work was done :yes:

Ive heard good things about bluefin maps which I believe you can remove and install yourself ?

Ive heard good things about bluefin maps which I believe you can remove and install yourself ?

Yep, I have a Bluefin on an Octavia VRS Diesel common rail engine. Took it from 170 bhp to 200bhp, and economy 2mpg more.

Just before service time, plug the Bluefin on and revert to standard map, then re-apply the Bluefin map after service.

The last time I had it serviced I re-applied the map in the dealers car park!

Cleggy,

Is there a compartment for the pipe and slippers.

Bob :d:):d:):p

I had the Audi A6 remapped by the chap JeffC recommended. Put it up from 130 to 160. Claimed it would use 10% less fuel. However it was using 10% more. So I rang him and he suggested a different map which was duly loaded about 2 weeks later. It's still not back to the 49.8 mpg on the Sheffield to La Foie run and is much worse running around town.

No complaint just thought you should be aware that not all re-mapping claims are accurate.