Bmw 530D M Sport - What Ya Reckon Peeps

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Being a bit of an old woman I like to do a bit of research before I splash the cash - I have read the reviews, watched road tests on youtube now I am asking the westfield collective :t-up:

Following on from my other thread asking about 4wd or fast but economical sports car (compared to the subaru that is) I have gone in a totally different direction and pretty much decided on a BMW 530d (maybe an M Sport) with professional media system - oh and a tourer by the way

Anyone had any experience of running one?

If I get one mine would be a year or so old with probably less than 10k on the clock

Thanks in advance

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• s2rrr

• Norman Verona

The only thing I have to put forward is: Buy one, then give it to me :) Please.

I've had three of the 2 litre diesel tourers now, all M sports with the Sat Nav, single disc CD plus MP3 player/iPhone/iPod connectivity. Plus Sport/Comfort/Eco Plus drive mode settings.

Absolute cracking cars, love 'em to bits. After hearing me rave about the Five series tourers, a mates just got one of the 3 litre diesels to the same spec and rates it very, very highly. Outside his current 911 and previous Boxster he seems to rate it as one of the best cars he's had. (And there some interesting and fun stuff in his car history)

Not had a moments trouble from any of them, and while they're may be not as cavanous as the best of the big estates, they're much better than BM Tourings used to be. Plus they drive like a big gocart. :d

Hi Cleggy, great motors, had one for couple of years, one of the original 2004 ones and it's been cracking. Just watch your speed mind as they are very quick as the points on my licence when I was only overtaking officer prove :bangshead: Very comfortable, eats miles very easily and gives 38 mpg when mixed driving and mid forties on a motorway as long and you are not hoofing it too much. Thinking about changing it, but really struggling to decide what is better. 7 Series or A8 possibly, but the estate you are thinking about are great. Maybe I'll just get a more modern one of them. :d :d

At 10k, 2010/11 model year, you may not get the multmode suspension/steering system. Shame, but it's still a fantastic car without.

Even in Sports mode, (or the old standard M Sport suspension) hasn't been crashy and hard, like old BM M Sports models used to be.

The eight speed auto is just weird though :d, no complaints, although it is odd seeing the revs only drop by a few hundred rpm or so during some of the changes. Pretty seamless shifting though, and the first gearboxes I've ever used where I genuinely have no idea what gear it's in at any given time :laugh:

My 3 year old 330D M sport comes off lease tomorrow with 97k on the clock. Hasn't missed a beat, lovely drive, 42mpg no matter how hard I try. Fabulous car. Only issues for me for a private car are the cost of run flats + if it has big wheels and low profiles you are going to destroy the alloys on a regular basis. I know I did.

And tomorrow I get my new 328i :)

They are awesome except in the wet and snow when the torque can catch you out

Great car. I had a 530d se when they were new out and regularly saw 45mpg on the Heathrow runs. Only downside as above was the cost of tyres and a lot of people put 'normal' tyres on but ask your insurance first as some get funny about it...

Probably the quickest diesel I've owned but the 535d is very rapid if you can stretch to it !

The upgraded stero option sounds amazing for a car stereo. The one thing BMW saved money on are the stereos but the £1000 option in the 5 series really does sound good. Very expensive as a new option but well worth it on a 2nd hand car where someone else has taken the depreciation hit.

I've got a 330d M-sport touring and love it, fast economical & a good tow car.... Boot ain't massive but i guess the 5 series will be a fair bit bigger?

in dealership now - trying to do a deal :-)

Good luck, :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :d

Great car if you can get the deal you want.