Donnington Kit Car Show

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

Yep Sunday only and session availability is only if its not fully subscribed for the day. For full scrutineering, safety checks and requirements - probably best to double check all that with Limleight before you go - its their event so will be governed by them and Donington folks.  ;)  :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

• Hanslow

• Blatman

Anyone got a contact number/name for limelight so I can check out availability and scrutineering details etc. Also if you intend on doing just one or two sessions whether you have to be there for the 8:30 briefing. No comments on spelling, I am an engineer we don't do spelling :D  ;)  :)

OK...I havespoken to DoNington and Limelight.

There will be no scrutineering as such, Limelight are responsible for this and the official line is that cars must be road legal.

My view here is that you should  run with an oil catch tank and enough throttle return springs to make sure is doesn't stick open. The last thing you want at the end of the Craner curves is full throttle and a patch of oil!!

Double check all other vital bits yourself!! If you have adjustable suspension you will want to run a good bit harder than on the road. If your brake fluid has been in a while you may want to freshen it up.... but you all know this stuff...

You must supply your own crash helmets and all limbs must be covered.

To pre-book a full day (£145) ring Limelight on 01737 225857.

This cost includes 2 free entry tickets for the weekend.

A drivers briefing will take place around 8.30 (-9.00am) you will be given a wristband afterwards and not permitted on track without one.

The 20 minute sessions can be booked in the entrance hall and top up brifings will take place during the day. Again no wrist band no track entry.

Remember the noise limit 98db. As far as I know it is measured on the start finish straight, so ease off if you think you are near the limit. (under the clock)

Hope this covers everything

Garry

What's hapenin on the Sat, i'm going to Cadwell on the Friday and will be staying over so am thinking of calling in on the way back on Sat. :D

Will there be much going on, is there a stand on Sat, can i get in for FREE :p

Andy

:blush:

Myself and the good lady Phssthpok will be going to Donnington and probably Donington as well. So just in case I meet up with any of you, I would like to state, for the record, that any  nasty, rude, contentious things that I may or may not have written on this site have all been taken out of context. I deny everything and blame Mrs Phssthpok for hiding my medication.

Phssthpok,

I've been told, by her who shall be obeyed, to ask you if you will wear a yellow rose and tuck a copy of The Guardian under your arm so that we'll all recognise you.  :D

Folks,

I'm hopefully getting a ride in DodgeT's Westie (if he's remembered and is still going :D), and it's round the track by the sounds of it :cool:

As a passenger, what do I need to be allowed on track (although I'll be happy with a stint up and down the road and round the car park :))?

I've borrowed a helmet off a mate so that's covered. Do I need to attend any briefing? Do I need a wristband? Who do I pay the money to for going out as a passenger? Do I need plastic pants :D?

Never done it before so would be nice to know before looking a complete  :arse: on the day  :t-up:

Missus is scared cos she had a dream I died in a westfield going round a track  :0  :0  :( so I'll be quite happy with a sedate cruise round ;)

Passengers will have to have a wristband and to get one you need to attend a briefing.

Cost for full day as a passenger is £15 bookable in advance.

Call Limelight 01737 225857.

Alternatively book on the day £5 per session.

Don't ask me why, I am just passing on info from Limelight.

ps. Limbs must be covered, supply your own crash helmet and minimum age for passenger is 16.

pps. sessions are 20 mins approx 10 laps, circuit length 2.7 miles.

pps. smell it....you'll be sat in it!!