Chairmans Plea - Number 2

Paul Edden

It's a shame for me that LeMans is a weekend later than usual this year and on the same days as Curborough otherwise i would have an entry in :down:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simon besant

• stephenh

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• SteveD

Yes normal Saturday planned with Sprint school in morning and Trackdays in afternoon.

We need more entries otherwise this is the last Curborough !!!!!

I can't find any threads or events on the calendar for the track day? Is there any information somewhere that I can't seem to find?

I can't find any threads or events on the calendar for the track day? Is there any information somewhere that I can't seem to find?

Kev, that's because it's reasonably informal and you generally only sign up on the day, however you have got me thinking that we should maybe sell slots before. :d :d Will get back to you on that idea.

I was actually looking for entries to the Sprint, on the Sunday. This is open to any club member to participate, but they do need a Car, MSA Licence (nat B), Helmet, suit and gloves that are to MSA spec. Anyone who is interested and needs more info then please read the beginners guide to sprinting here http://www.wscc.co.uk/download/Beginners-Guide-2011.pdf any further questions post here.

Thanks Nick, I was more saying that No matter if spaces are sold beforehand or if they're just allocated on the day, I couldn't find anywhere on this site that even mentioned there being a track day on that day? Is it mainly for sprinters to practise or a WSCC trackday for non sprinters as well?

I guess this thread is for the sprints so I won't clog it up but just thought I'd ask.

Hi Kev,

To you and any other club members who would like to do the Curbrorugh trackday, please see this thread which gives information on this and also alows you to enter on-line. Any spare slots not pre-sold will be available to buy on the day. Please come along, it is used far more by club members than the sprinters who do the Sunday sprint and you would be most welcome.

Thread here http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/94756-wscc-curborough-trackday-sat-16th-june-2012/

Nick, I'm hoping to get to the Saturday and possibly the Sunday - i'm a newbie having bought Martin Parkes SE. Hopefully I will be there. Do i need an MSA licence for the Sunday? (sorry if this is a stupid question) James

James -- good (and fast) car.

Yes, you'll need an MSA licence for Sunday (Non-Race National B is fine). You'll also need a "blue book compliant" suit, helmet and pair of gloves. Your car should be fully compliant already. Take a look at the "Beginners' Guide to Sprinting" in the Speed Series section of the main club site. HTH

Trying to clear it with swmbo get entry in later and deal with the consequences afterwards !

helmet coming next week - gloves and boots sorted - dont suppose chainsaw trousers count??? Suit i will sort out.. :-) cheers. Car was fast in Martin's hands.... i have spent most of my time in it with a peugeot moped stuck in the rear wing and the rider on my lap!!

Sorry! First Curborough I've missed! Le Mans Clash! Please return Curby to its normal weekend next year!

Del

Sorry! First Curborough I've missed! Le Mans Clash! Please return Curby to its normal weekend next year!

Del

I thought Curby was on it's normal weekend Del? It's LeMans thats mucked us all up and is a week later this year :down:

Curborough has always been the week after Le Mans whatever the date!

If you look at the previous trend they have both got slightly earlier over the last 6 years but this year Le Mans has reset itself to keep it closer the the 'longest day' and so it doesnt end up in May!

Year Le Mans Curbro

2006 17/18 June 25 June

2007 16/17 June 24 June

2008 14/15 June 22 June

2009 13/14 June 21 June

2010 12/13 June 20 June

2011 11/12 June 19 June

I'd have thought the ACO would have checked when Curborough was before finalising the date for LeMans :d it's unlike them to allow two such major motor racing events to be on the same weekend :oops: what about us drivers that want to compete in both :p